"Kumamoto" Kumamoto by aukahkay
Kumamoto Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 186 photos
Kumamoto was home to famous warriors and literary men from Japan and elsewhere. Kumamoto City is located in the center of Kyushu Island and is the prefectural capital of Kumamoto Prefecture. It has a long history and is known a "City of Forests" since it is blessed with an abundance of nature. It is only a short distance to Mt Aso, the world's largest caldera and active volcano.
Kumamoto is most famous for its 400 year old Kumamoto Castle, one of Japan's most famous castles.
Horsemeat sashimi is a native dish originating from Kumamoto. Accompanied by ginger and onion, `basashi' has become... more travel advice
aukahkay's Related Pages
Kumamoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Kumamoto"
- "The area Musashi selected for his last years"
- "WELCOME TO MY HOME TOWN!!!"
- "Kickin' back in Kumamoto"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kumamoto
- Hotels in Kumamoto
- Transportation in Kumamoto
- Nightlife in Kumamoto
- Restaurants in Kumamoto
- Shopping in Kumamoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kumamoto
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Kumamoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kumamoto
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 92 photos
- Taipei Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 25 reviews, 46 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos