"Otaru" Top 5 Page for this destination Otaru by aukahkay
Otaru Travel Guide: 47 reviews and 156 photos
Otaru is a port town of about 145,000 people in western Hokkaido located on the northern tip of the Shiribeshi district of Hokkaido on the Sea of Japan side of the island, facing Ishikari-wan Bay. Otaru prospered as an economic hub and herring port in the late 19th century, and is relatively close to Sapporo, the capital of Hokkaido. It is easily accessed by train, and has become something of a playground for Sapporoans.
Otaru had a thriving herring fishing trade. Glass buoys were used to light up fishing boats at night to attract... more travel advice
aukahkay's Related Pages
Otaru Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Satisfying your senses"
- "Welcome to Otaru"
- "The most romatic place of Hokkaido"
- "Otaru - harbor city in Hokkaido"
- "asantetravel's new Otaru Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Otaru
- Hotels in Otaru
- Transportation in Otaru
- Restaurants in Otaru
- Shopping in Otaru
- Warnings and Dangers in Otaru
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Otaru
- 3 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Otaru?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Otaru
Photos in OtaruSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 92 photos
- Taipei Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 25 reviews, 46 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos