"Velikiy Novgorod" Velikiy Novgorod by aukahkay
Velikiy Novgorod Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 244 photos
Novgorod is the most historic city of north-western Russia. It is situated on the M10 federal highway connecting Moscow and St. Petersburg. "Novgorod" is the Russian word for "new city", whereas "Velikiy" means "the Great". The administrative centre of Novgorod Oblast, the city lies along the Volkhov River.
Founded in 859, Novgorod became the most developed medieval city in the 10th century.
- In a nutshell:The oldest medieval Slavic city in Russia
Novgorod is the most ancient Christian center of Russia. In the middle of the 11th century, after the split of the... more travel advice
St Sophia's Cathedral was built between 1045- 1050. It is one of the earliest stone structures of northern Russia. Its... more travel advice
aukahkay's Related Pages
Velikiy Novgorod Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Velikiy Novgorod"
- "More than 1000 years old city"
- "Novgorod the Great"
- "Novgorod, an attractive city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Velikiy Novgorod
- Hotels in Velikiy Novgorod
- Transportation in Velikiy Novgorod
- Nightlife in Velikiy Novgorod
- Restaurants in Velikiy Novgorod
- Shopping in Velikiy Novgorod
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Velikiy Novgorod
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Velikiy Novgorod?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Velikiy Novgorod
Photos in Velikiy NovgorodSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 92 photos
- Taipei Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 25 reviews, 46 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos