"Peterhof" Peterhof by aukahkay
Peterhof Travel Guide: 98 reviews and 415 photos
The most stunning of tsarist palaces is located in the town of Petrodvorets, 29 km west of St Petersburg. Built by Peter the Great, the immense scale of the main palace and its incredible gardens were strongly influenced by Louis XIV's Versailles Palace. The Grand Palace was almost completely gutted by the Germans in WWII and what is seen today is largely a reconstruction of its former imperial glory. The center of attraction is the Grand Cascade and the Water Avenue - a collection of 140 fountains and canals designed by Peter the Great himself.
Peter the Great was a scholarly person who spent a lot of time on the study of science and the arts. In the oak-panelled... more travel advice
This is Catherine the Great's bedroom. The portrait of the little girl above the bed is Elizabeth. more travel advice
aukahkay's Related Pages
Peterhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Peterhof (Peter's Court)"
- "Peter the Great's Little Palace"
- "Peterhof and its amazing fountains"
- "Architectural Gem of Russia"
- "Peter the Great's Palace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Peterhof
- Transportation in Peterhof
- Restaurants in Peterhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Peterhof
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Peterhof
- 8 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Peterhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Peterhof
Photos in PeterhofSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 92 photos
- Taipei Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 25 reviews, 46 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos