"Tsarskoe Selo (Pushkin Town)" Top 5 Page for this destination Pushkin by aukahkay
Pushkin Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 312 photos
Tsaskoe Selo (Tsar's Village) was prepared as a surprise for Peter the Great by his wife Catherine. It was under Empress Elizabeth and Catherine the Great between 1744 and 1796 that the palace at Tsarskoe Selo was built. The centerpiece is the vast Catherine Palace, desinged by Italian architect Rastrelli. Its great palace is designed in florid baroque style.
The town of Tsarskoye Selo was changed to Pushkin after the famous Russian poet. A statue of Pushkin is displayed in the... more travel advice
Before entering the Catherine Palace, you will need to put on a shoe cover over your shoe to protect against damage to... more travel advice
aukahkay's Related Pages
Pushkin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The famous "amber-room" & a lot more !"
- "My Pushkin Page"
- "Tsarskoe Selo"
- "A day visit to Pushkin"
- "Tsarskoe Selo (Pushkin Town)"
- "So much room, so little time!"
- "A. S. Pushkin: "Our Fatherland is Tsarskoe Selo""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pushkin
- Transportation in Pushkin
- Restaurants in Pushkin
- Shopping in Pushkin
- Warnings and Dangers in Pushkin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pushkin
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Pushkin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pushkin
Photos in PushkinSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 92 photos
- Taipei Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 25 reviews, 46 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos