"Tribute to 40 years of nation building" Singapore by aukahkay
Singapore Travel Guide: 4,649 reviews and 10,628 photos
The date was 31 December 2005. The mood was jubilant and elated as Singaporeans thronged the streets in a festive mood to usher in 2006. For me, I had the privilege of cruising down Marina Bay on the Harbour Queen, a 36m privately owned yatch. The Harbour Queen was previously owned by the Port of Singapore Authority and used as a Singapore State craft for taking visiting dignitaries and VVIPs on cruises on the Singapore Harbour. Dignitaries who have been on board include HRH Queen Elizabeth II and the Duke of Edinburgh and former President of Singapore, Wee Kim Wee among others.
The Harbour Queen set sail at 7.30 pm gliding gracefully over the waters of the southern islands and making a stop at St John's Island. At 11 pm, the Harbour Queen set sail for Marina Bay where there were other pleasure craft waiting for the magic hour to strike. At the stroke of midnight, a splendid display of fireworks lighted up the night sky over Marina Bay and lasted a good 15 minutes.
- In a nutshell:Asia's melting pot of the East and West
Tiger Airways is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. It is a budget airline operating out of Singapore to regional... more travel advice
Singapore Flyer is the world's largest observation wheel. Standing at a stunning 165m from the ground, the Flyer offers... more travel advice
- See All Getting to and from Changi Airport
- See All Exquisite southern Indian cuisine
- IT products at Sim Lim Square
aukahkay's Related Pages
Singapore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Uniquely Singapore"
- "Singapore Downtown"
- "(the real) Happiest Place on Earth"
- "ONE ISLAND WITH 63 SURROUNDING ISLETS"
- "Home away from Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Singapore
- Hotels in Singapore
- Transportation in Singapore
- Nightlife in Singapore
- Restaurants in Singapore
- Shopping in Singapore
- Warnings and Dangers in Singapore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Singapore
- 29 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 86 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Singapore
- Posted in Travel Buenos Aires Forum "Is a visa required to visit..."
- Wrote a Review Tiger Airways - not a great way to fly about Tiger Airways in Singapore Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Tiger Airways - not a great way to fly"
- Commented on one of imstress's Singapore travel pages
- updated a Singapore Travel Page "Tribute to 40 years of nation building"
Photos in SingaporeSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 34 reviews, 92 photos
- Taipei Intro, 28 reviews, 78 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 67 photos
- Athens Intro, 21 reviews, 59 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 54 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 25 reviews, 46 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 16 reviews, 50 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 22 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 29 reviews, 33 photos
- Hanoi Intro, 18 reviews, 43 photos