Chiang Mai Things to Do Tips by Pat_Bangkok
Chiang Mai Things to Do: 686 reviews and 1,525 photos
็Home for caring of orphans, abandoned children, problem children from lacking of parents caused by HIV for both sexes from first born – 6 years and for girls 7-18 years old from 17 provinces in the North under the handling of the Department of Social Development and Welfare, The Ministry of Natural Resource and Environment.
Address: T.Donkaew, Maerim Road, Maerim district.
Directions: closed to Land Developing Center, Zone 6
Baan Chiangmai Home for Boys
Nakorn Ping Hospital
Located at road No.1009, around 22 kms , the way to DoiInthanon national park .
It is located approximately 120km southwest of Chiang Mai city along Highway 108 , the area cover Hod, Chomthong and Maejam district.
The beautiful scenery of the Salak Hin River as it meanders through a very narrow gorge with sheer walls at Chong Khao Khat. A small footbridge crosses the narrowest part about 100 m above the torrent below. In the area you can find pre-historic painting from the old stone age.
this picture taken in the rainy day
Kare village, homestay, trekking, waterfalls, rice terrace
Directions: Km 26 road number 1009 to Inthanon national part
Lantern Festivals start 11-16 November
Loykratong start 13-16 November
Pls. note that hotels in Chiang Mai during this season are fully booked
and expensive. If u want to keep away from CM let's go
to the nearby city "Lamphun" . You will enjoy a wonderful Loy Kratong Festival there also.
Doi Phahompok is the second highest mountain in Thailand with 2,285 Ft above sea level.
It's a tropical rain forest, cool climate. Bird watching is a popular activity there.
Address: Amphur Fang
Directions: 3 hours by car from Chiang Mai to Fang and riding to the mountain 40 minutes to the camp.
Do treking 2-3 hours to the top of the mountain.
Doi Kham in Lanna word means golden mountain.
This temple situated on top of the mountain near Ratchapruk Botanical Garden, same way to CM night safari.
It's a good place to see beautiful view of Chiangmai City.
Maesa Elephant Camp
It's a commercial camp but how they treat elephant is depends on the
Mahoug or elephant trainner who take care their own. I have noticed that the elephant characters is similar to the trainner. One important thing for elephant conservation is that the elephant should have a rest time in the jungle. You can enjoy elephant riding while allow it to eating during the trek.
Elephant Show Program
-Welcome guests by Elephant parade
-Demonstration of various ways of getting on/down the elephants
- Musical Talent show and dancing
- Dart competition show
- Elephant football league (soccer show)
- Elephant artists show
- Traditional Thai massage show
- Logging show and Lumber work show
Show time 0800 a.m. 0940 a.m. and 1330 p.m.
enter ticket include elephant show for visitors around 4 US
Directions: Located 15 kms from Maerim district.
The construction of the temple started in the 14th century, when King Saen Muang Ma planned to bury the ashes of his father there. After 10 years of building time it was left unfinished, later to be continued after the death of the king by his widow. Probably due to stability problems it took until mid-15th century to be finished during the reign of king Tilokaraj.
In 1468, the Emerald Buddha was installed in the eastern niche. In 1545, the upper 30 m of the structure collapsed after an earthquake, and shortly thereafter, in 1551, the Emerald Buddha was moved to Luang Prabang.
The city pillar was built when the founder of Chiang Mai, King Meng Rai, ruled the city in 1296. Located in front of Wat Chedi Luang
Address: Chiang Mai City
Directions: At Klangwieng Junction.
This resort is in Doi Saket Area. The nice mountain view. There are room, swimming pool, restaurant with good food and meeting room.
I like to swim here as there are not many people, very private, clean and cheap, only 30 baht per time. (01/04/07)
Address: Doi Saket
Directions: the same way to dam.
More Reviews (4)
Pat_Bangkok's Related Pages
Chiang Mai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chiang Mai"
- "VISITING COUNTRY THAILAND - CHIANG MAI"
- "Chiang Mai Trip 2005: Wed 4th May - Sun 8th May"
- "Chiang Mai"
- "Jungle Trek and Elephant Ride in Chiang Mai"
- "Chiang Mai - Great Base for Trekking"
- "C H I A N G M A I"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chiang Mai
- Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Transportation in Chiang Mai
- Nightlife in Chiang Mai
- Restaurants in Chiang Mai
- Shopping in Chiang Mai
- Warnings and Dangers in Chiang Mai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ouderkerk aan de Amstel
- Tangalla Hotels
- Hartsville Hotels
- Castle Donnington Hotels
- Saranac Lake Hotels
Badges & Stats in Chiang Mai
- 17 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Chiang Mai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chiang Mai
Top 10 Pages
- Chiang Mai Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Hong Son Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Lamphun Intro, 11 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiang Rai Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kalasin Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Bali Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Chanthaburi Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Chiang Mai hotel reviews
- Top North Guest House
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- North Star Guest House
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 22, 2013
- Ban Sabai Village Resort & Spa
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Raming Lodge
- 422 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Manathai Village
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Rose Guest House
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 23, 2013
- De Naga Hotel
- 247 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Top North Hotel Chiang Mai
- 81 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Lai-Thai Hotel & Guest House
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Star Hotel Chiang Mai
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Sumit Hotel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2013
- Hillside Plaza & Condotel 4
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 5, 2013
- Park Hotel Chiang Mai
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Green Lake Resort Chiang Mai
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 7, 2013
- Long Neck Women- 23 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Wat Phra That Doi Suthep - Buddhist Temple- 65 Reviews, 147 Photos
- Elephant Ride- 59 Reviews, 101 Photos
- Jungle Trek- 30 Reviews, 80 Photos
- Massages- 25 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Cooking School- 34 Reviews, 60 Photos
- Palaces and Temples- 27 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Bo Sang Umbrella Village- 9 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Excursions- 63 Reviews, 151 Photos
- The Golden Triangle- 9 Reviews, 19 Photos
See All Chiang Mai Things to Do