"Wild West Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert by amambaw
Prince Rupert Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 125 photos
Jesse and I visited Prince Rupert in the summer of 2005 during our BC road trip. We were so glad to visit, it was such a wonderful place and we hope to go back again someday!
Prince Rupert is on the West Coast of BC, Canada. It has always been a major port in BC, starting way back in the days of the canneries and continuing today with visits from BC Ferries and various cruise lines that sail to Alaska. The town is quaint and friendly, with lots of little shops and restaurants to visit and experience.
Despite its small size, there is so much to see and do in Prince Rupert. There are several museums and heritage sites in the town or nearby. There is amazing scenery that can be experienced during day drives or hikes. There are self-guided walking tours to take. And, of course, there is fishing!
Prince Rupert is also a great place to visit Haida and Tsimshan (spelling, sorry) sites and visit or buy First Nations art. Nearby Port Edward is home to the Port Edward Cannery heritage site, which is run by the local band. There is also the fantastic Museum of Northern BC where you can look at artifacts from the various bands from around the area. For pictures of these sites, check out my travelogues.
- Pros:Great history, friendly people, breathtaking surroundings
- In a nutshell:Fantastic place that few visit; make sure you don't miss it!
This museum is an absolute must see if you visit Prince Rupert. Although it is small, it is worth the admission. The... more travel advice
amambaw's Related Pages
Prince Rupert Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enjoy the Sites in the Prince Rupert Area"
- "Prince Rupert"
- "Prince Rupert and Cow Bay"
- "Wild West Coast"
- "Where Canada's Wilderness begins"
- "Khutzeymateen Grizzly Bear Sanctuary"
- "A wander around Prince Rupert's Cow Bay area"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prince Rupert
- Hotels in Prince Rupert
- Transportation in Prince Rupert
- Restaurants in Prince Rupert
- Shopping in Prince Rupert
- Warnings and Dangers in Prince Rupert
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prince Rupert
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Prince Rupert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prince Rupert
Photos in Prince RupertSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 32 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 28 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamloops Intro, 20 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyongju Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos