"My first year abroad" Top 5 Page for this destination Busan by amambaw
Busan Travel Guide: 336 reviews and 906 photos
Busan, S.Korea is a rough-edged, noisy city. For someone like me, coming from the land of great open spaces, Canada, S.Korea and especially Busan was a shock to the system.
Busan is a difficult city to love. It has its good points, and its bad. For those who like the beach, hiking or biking, or people-watching, this is a great place to do it. For those who like history, museums and cafe culture, Busan is a bit more challenging. Busan is a great city to live in for its distance to other places, such as Gyongju, Daegu, Ulsan, Jeju, and Japan. Busan has a fun foreigner scene for those who like to party, but not as much for those who are into other things.
After one year, I can say without much doubt that...
... Korean food is delicious.
... Korean men's habit of spitting is not.
... typhoons really aren't that bad.
... most Koreans are warm, friendly open people.
... Koreans who aren't warm, friendly or open are real jerks.
... you meet great people while you're living abroad.
... going on the bus in Busan is better than visiting a chiropractor.
... Korean girls are far more fun and relaxing to teach than Korean boys.
... www.engrish.com exemplifies my life on a daily basis.
... I would have not have survived Korea without the help of Jesse and Andrea. Thanks guys!
... although there are many loops in Korea, I am never in them.
... I know more about Canada than I ever learned living at home.
... I've realized that living in a different culture has taught me things that I would never have learned in any book or from any teacher.
... I wouldn't take this year back for anything.
- Pros:Cheap Korean food, friendly people, beautiful sites
- Cons:Rain, rain, rain; communication can be an issue.
- In a nutshell:Living here will change your life.
Crossroads is a great place to just chill with friends. The atmosphere is very laid back and tempers never seem to flare... more travel advice
Yondusan Park and Busan Tower are located in Nampo-Dong (stops #9,10, Line ,1, subway). The park is quite small, but has... more travel advice
- See All Delish Indian food
- See All Koreans and their English
- See All Hanaro Card
- See All Shopping free-for-all
amambaw's Related Pages
Busan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My first year abroad"
- "Busan = Pusan, 2nd largest city of South Korea"
- "Busan: Korea's Second City"
- "I always love to be at the BEACH!"
- "Weekends in Busan"
- "BUSAN - MARITIME CITY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Busan
- Hotels in Busan
- Transportation in Busan
- Nightlife in Busan
- Restaurants in Busan
- Shopping in Busan
- Warnings and Dangers in Busan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Busan
- 32 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Busan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Busan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Busan Intro, 32 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of British Columbia Intro, 28 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos, 5 travelogues
- Seoul Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kamloops Intro, 20 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Maui Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Fukuoka Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyongju Intro, 16 reviews, 12 photos
- Puerto Vallarta Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Rupert Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos