"NORTHERN IRELAND -The hidden gem of the UK...." Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Ireland by hasthetravelbug

Northern Ireland Travel Guide: 1,884 reviews and 4,768 photos

When I used to think of Northern Ireland, the troubles in Belfast would always pop up. That's all you used to hear in the media so that's what most people think. I met an amazing girl from Northern Ireland and she showed me pretty much everything in two months and boy is there more than just conflict! I hope this page makes you visit, it is a beautiful country with a lot to offer!

A great country to drive through

I had the pleasure of being chauffeured by my girlfriend around this beautiful country, but if you ever visit and don't have someone wonderful to drive you around, try to rent a car. Bus trips are good too but not as much freedom. The scenery is beautiful - rolling hills and crashing waves on the coast .

The beaches of Northern Ireland

Before I arrived in Northern Ireland, I was traveling in South East Asia. There were magnificent white sand beaches and hot weather and when I got to Norn Irn, I was ready for the cooler temperatures. Well, cooler weather is what I got but there are surprisingly nice beaches as well! Make sure you make it to the coasts and check them out!!

• Pros:Beautiful landscapes, great accents!
  • Cons:Doesn't get too warm here.....
  • In a nutshell:Stunning coasts, Places to hike, a must when in the UK!
  • Last visit to Northern Ireland: Dec 2011
  • Intro Updated Apr 12, 2012

• britesparkles's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Lisburn accents clearer! Pah! I was born in Lisburn and I'm there all the time, they have a standard accent ....have you heard the Ballymena accent or the Derry one....now they are what I call accents!hehe!

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2006 at 6:46 AM

Hi Jerry, excellent NI pages. I lived there for 28 years and they certainly brought back some memories. A very happy birthday from yet another expat Belfastman. fergy.

• grahamNI's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2005 at 5:38 PM

love your page on NI. Great to know that you enjoyed your time with us. Great pics btw, excellent!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 6:03 PM

What beautiful pictures. Don't think I would EVER have been able to cross that brige!

• Jan 10, 2005 at 11:47 AM

Loving the local customs part! Can't wait to go there one day!!

• PookieRabbit's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2004 at 5:24 AM

Great page. Hope to visit this part of the UK in April with a bit of luck.

• Oct 28, 2004 at 1:18 AM

What a wonderful page you have here! I hope one day I could visit Ireland too:)

• feline01's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2004 at 1:49 PM

Beautiful photos though I think it's nearly impossible to take an ugly photo anywhere in Ireland. I like your N. Ireland vocabulary list as well-I just love those Belfast accents.

• Aug 4, 2004 at 8:04 AM

Stunning photos Jerry - an excellent NI page!! Brought back lots of happy memories - Thanks!

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 12:07 AM

Very good NI tips -- great pictures!

hasthetravelbug

“" Do it..... do it..."”

Badges & Stats in Northern Ireland

Have you been to Northern Ireland?

Friends