"Twentynine Palms -- Desert Mystique & Beauty" Top 5 Page for this destination Twentynine Palms by JauntBoy

Twentynine Palms Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 124 photos

And -- It's Okay to be Gay in Twentynine Palms!

What can I say? The Morongo Basin and Twentynine Palms are definitely the best-kept secrets in the Mojave. Clean air, starry nights, awesome sunsets, and the arts all combine to make 29 a great place to visit.

A sizable, and growing, GLBT community can be found here. It's not Palm Springs, but that's what makes this area so great!

• Pros:The nearest mall is in Palm Desert.
  • Cons:Umm . . . I can't think of any!
  • In a nutshell:It really is paradise!
  • Last visit to Twentynine Palms: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 19, 2013

• ozpaul's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2013 at 1:59 PM

What a great page - makes me want to visit. This place sounds so interesting.

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2009 at 11:04 AM

Terrific Page! I knew there was more to do there and wanted to go back! We had one night for a day in Joshua Tree NP - stayed at Circle C lodge but ate at 29 Palms Inn - Thanks so much for the memories - and incentive to return. My sis is due a visit!

• shanghaibrown's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2008 at 2:36 PM

The Sun Runner now covers all of the California deserts, and is distributed throughout the desert. We moved (still in 29 Palms). 760-367-6410, www.thesunrunner.com. Give us a shout next time you're out this way! Steve Brown, Publisher/Executive Editor

• Mar 14, 2007 at 2:17 PM

I love this page! It's nice to find someone who is as enthusiastic about this amazing desert place as I am. I was only able to live there for a short time but I miss it more than I can say!

• May 9, 2005 at 10:58 AM

Congrats on such a thorough 29 Palms page. It is excellent! You love the town as much as we do and champion the same causes. Maybe we will meet you at the Inn some day. It is our hang out too. Best, Mary & Scott

• Thestumps's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2005 at 9:15 AM

Brings back some memories. I was in the "STUMPS" back in 82-83. A "FROC ROCKER". Pretty cool. Sure miss the place, gotta go visit sometime.

• excentrus's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2005 at 7:32 PM

Wow, great pics and great information. Sounds like a real interesting place. I will be visiting twentynine palms and wonder valley in early May. Looking forward to seeing the desert in all its glory...and the starry nights.

JauntBoy Lives Here!

JauntBoy

“When in Rome. . . .”

Badges & Stats in Twentynine Palms

Have you been to Twentynine Palms?

Friends