"FREETOWN" Freetown by 1W1V
Freetown Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 164 photos
I worked in Freetown approxemately 2 years, spread over three period from 1996 till 1999.
It was my very first assignement with MSF !
What an experience !!!!
When the fishing boats were back, immediately an informal market get organised and women came to buy the fisher's catch !!
One of my favorite place in Freetown is the neighboroud of Lumley/Aberdeen.
On the picture, the lagoon and the Aberdeen bridge. Lumley beach is at the very back.
My house was located in Aberdeen so Sat. on the beach was jus a few yards away !
- Pros:Mountain and Ocean !
- Cons:Poverty and instability !
- In a nutshell:One of the most friendly capital city of West Africa (when at peace !)
The beach of Sussex is also incredible. Nearby, there is a nice guesthouse managed by a mix italian/SL family known... more travel advice
Just a little bit outside Freetown, are some of the best beach of the West African coast. Lakka beach is one of... more travel advice
1W1V's Related Pages
Freetown Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "on a cruise to Freetown in April 2016"
- "cherrycoco's new Freetown Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Freetown
- Hotels in Freetown
- Transportation in Freetown
- Restaurants in Freetown
- Shopping in Freetown
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Freetown
- 8 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Freetown?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Freetown
Photos in FreetownSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Kathmandu 20 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amman Intro, 50 reviews, 37 photos
- Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 37 photos
- Petra Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos