"Al ULA" Al `Ula by 1W1V
Al `Ula Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 148 photos
Al Ula is situated northwest of Saudi Arabia. It lies between a chain of mountains on its eastern and western sides. It is about 400 km north of Al Madinah. Al Ula had a biblical named “Dedan’” as mentioned in the Old Testament and in the Assyrian and Arabic writings. The city was inhabited by Arab tribes as inscriptions show.
The Lihyanite people were its original settlers. The Minean were also mentioned, but they constituted a minority compared to the former, as they essentially arrived there to participate in the Southern Arabian trade on its way to the North of Arabia, Levant and Egypt. The city occupies a strategic position along the main trade route carrying incense and spices and connecting civilizations of the old world.
It acted as the medium between the civilizations of India and Southern Arabia in the South and Mesopotamia, the Levant and Egypt in the north from early times to the end of the first century A.D.
The Elephant Rock, 5km south of the Mada’in Saleh site gate, a natural beauty produced in the sandstone by the regular... more travel advice
1W1V's Related Pages
Al `Ula Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "al Ula - العلا"
- "Turkish History and Ancient Ages"
- "Al Ula and Madain Saleh"
- "Al ULA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Al `Ula
- Hotels in Al `Ula
- Transportation in Al `Ula
- Restaurants in Al `Ula
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Al `Ula
- 11 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Al `Ula?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Al `Ula
Photos in Al `UlaSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Kathmandu 20 reviews, 72 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amman Intro, 50 reviews, 37 photos
- Tibet Intro, 50 reviews, 37 photos
- Petra Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 21 reviews, 55 photos
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 20 reviews, 38 photos
- Burma Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Singapore Intro, 14 reviews, 31 photos