Amman Restaurant Tips by 1W1V Top 5 Page for this destination

Amman Restaurants: 105 reviews and 112 photos

The Patio: Buffet lunch @ Le Royal

When I need to invite people for lunch and I am not sure about what they like and/or I am time limited, I usually bring the guests to a buffet lunch.
With a bit of time management, you can have your 3 courses meal in 45 min !
The buffet at The Patio is acceptable but nothing fantastic.
The location is a bit special as you are in the "chemney" of Hotel Le Royal but personaly I don't find it very exciting. Give you a strange feeling !

Favorite Dish: Buffet so take what you like !

Address: Hotel Le Royal - Amman

Comparison: about average

Directions: 3rd Circle. Le Royal looks like the Babel Tower. Cannot miss it !

Phone: +962/6/460.30.00

Rating: 2

Theme: Buffet

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Bukhara - Indu: Indian taste in Amman

This restaurant is part of the Intercontinental, unfortunately, it is located at floor -1
This is one of the only indian restaurant in Amman and therefore it is hard to make any comparison.
To me, the food is ok but average in taste and quality.
Nevertheless, it is good for a change.

Favorite Dish: Chicken curry

Address: Intercontinental Hotel

Phone: +962/6/464.13.61

Theme: Indian

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
La Bruschetta: Italian but not quality

I think I have been there in 2006.

The food was let say eatable but no more.
Felt it very fatty and not in line with a decent italian style/dish.

The price is about average, let say 10 to 15 JOD per pax without wine or alcool.

Favorite Dish: Pizza ?

Address: Abdoun, behind abdoun mall

Rating: 2

Theme: Italian

CRUMPS: Pastry/Bakery/coffee shop

Initally, Crumps was more known as a bakery/pastry. Now, there is a coffeshop open in Abdoun serving coffee, pastry and light snack.

The food is ok but the inside decoration a really weird and cheap ! a pitty as Crumps is located in the upscale neighborhood of Abdoun. The terrace/veranda is a bit better but nothing up to the abdoun standard.

Prices are ok with a latte at around 2.5 JOD

Favorite Dish: Latte
Tiramisu

Address: Abdoun, close to Vy and Casper & Gambini's

Directions: Abdoun

Theme: Coffeehouse

• Written Dec 25, 2007
Java U: A Clone of Starbucks ??

Last visit : 12/2007

Java U is very much like starbucks with a bit more sophisticated service. Java U seems to have been created in Canada as suggest the

Perso, I am not really convinced but the place seems to meet some success.

The prices are similar to starbucks as are most of the products.

Favorite Dish: Cafe latte

Address: Abdoun [opposite Abdoun Mall], Amman, Jordan

Phone: +962.6.5920716

Theme: Coffeehouse

Website: http://www.java-u.com

• Written Dec 25, 2007
Bennigan's: Probably the best burger in town

Last visit : 25/12/2007

Bennigan's is a franchised restaurant which claim to originate from Ireland. The restaurant which looks like very much like a diner serves mainly burgers and other fajitas, wrap, pasta, seafood, ..... and partially skinned french fries.

The quality of the food is ok and like any other american style restaurant, the quantity are huge. So take away "doggy bag" is available !

The choice of dessert is limited but my friend appreciated the death by chocolate !! I didn't (too rich, too choc, too .. too...)

Prices are a bit more expensive than Fuddruckers but to me the quality and quantity is better.

one small water
one diet pepsi
one country chicken wrap
one america burger
one garlic bread
one death by chocolate

about 24 JOD

Favorite Dish: American Burger (more than enough for me).

Directions: Near American Embassy, near Abdoun Mall, next door to Java U

Theme: Diner

Website: http://www.bennigans.com

Casper & Gambini's: Lebanese cool style

Last visit 09/2007

This restaurant has been founded by some lebanese young businessmen a couple of years ago. Due to the war in Lebanon (July 06), they had to close their restaurant in Beirut but also they decided to export the concept and style abroad, mainly in the middle east.

Since two years now, C&G is operating in Amman and is doing well.

The food is nice and fusion oriented. The salads are especially delicious. The pasta not really !

C&G serves alcool and can be packed at night but at 11.30, the place starts to be deserted.

If I remember well, the price is less than 10 JOD if you do not drink beer or alcool. Otherwise, you should consider paying about 20 JOD per pax

Favorite Dish: Salads

Comparison: about average

Directions: near Abdoun mall, opposit Vy Gym.

Theme: Eclectic/International

Website: http://www.casperandgambinis.com/

my burger with the unskinned fries - Amman

my burger with the unskinned fries

Fuddruckers: Hamburger joint

No need to explain what is Fuddruckers, one of the US alternatives of Mc Do and Burger King but in a better environment and with less bad food.

I took the simplies burger possible. The price was cheap but the waiter didn't like me taking only that.

I guess the price was about 5 JOD for a hamburger (1/5 lb), one fries, one brownie and some fries. It was more than enough for me but the guy came twice to tell me I should order more. This behaviour just convinced me not to order anything else.

Nevertheless, the food was ok for this type of place. It was obviously noisy with kids running around and shouting.

I pay around 16 JOD for the simplies menu, a cajun chicken which was not what my friend expected, one fries, one water.

I think it is reasonable if you order the menu but as soon as you choose smth a bit more sophisticated, the prices sharply increase.

Favorite Dish: Burger was ok but nothing more than that !

Address: Mekka street

Directions: Just after the tunnel of Mekka street on the way to Mekka mall
Located together with AppleBee

Phone: 06/465.22.45

Theme: Fast Food

Galler, Chocolat et Thé: A Belgian concept in Amman

Last visit 18/12/07

I know as a Belgian I might not be fair but I try to do my best to give you the write indication about this place.

Galler is one of the famous chocolate maker famous for the pralines (like any other belgian chocolatier like godiva or neuhaus).

Recently, they open their capital and some arab investor became their partners. At the same time, this influx of cash allows the company to venture outside the small benelux and France market. Nowadays, they have outlet in Qatar, UAE, Lebanon, Jordan, Kuwait, UK, USA, Japan, ...

They not only sell chocolate but they have also created a concept of chocolate house/café where you can sit and enjoy some basic food or sophisticated pastries made of Belgian Choc of course.

I was happy with my visit and I really enjoy the food. Of course the place is new and bright.
The staff is ok but a bit uncomfortable. I guess it is because they are just starting and need to adjust to the customers.

The quantity of food served is ok especially the ciabatta. The cocoa soup was a first try for my friends and none of them like it ! I don't either !!!! it is in fact a veggie soup with a film of chocolate on the top ! This is very special but it must be tried !

A friend of mine who was not with us, told me that the hot chocolate is to die !!!!

The price are a bit higher than other cafes around but it is obviously not the same category !

Price :

One cocoa soup
one diet pepsi
one dagobert
one smoked salmon ciabatta
one smoked salmon cheese sandwich

about 47 JOD

if you just want to buy some chocolate, the retail price is about 55 JOD/KG which is reasonable as in Belgium it is around 45 JOD/Euro

Favorite Dish: Hot chocolate ?
complementary praline with the coffee

Address: Abdoun

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Behind the US embassy near better homes

Phone: 06/592.85.22

Price: US$21-30

Theme: Eclectic/International

• Written Dec 24, 2007
VIVACE: A 4 Seasons restaurant that is not up to it !

Last visit : 19 dec 07

Vivace is the italian restaurant within the 4 Seasons Hotel in Amman. Usually, this hotel and attached business is up a quite high standard but obviously, Vivace restaurant is the worst of the side business of the hotel.

The food is plain, without any originality, the quality is very average and I guess the chef has been sacked from other italian restaurant and has anchored in the 4 Seasons ! what a shame !

The only noticeable exception is when the Chief Italian Chef is visiting. I guess he takes with him the ingredient and the know-how. In case he is around, the Vivace becomes a must and should not be missed at any price. Unfortunately, he comes only 5 days a year !

The price is already expensive when the food is bad and is also sharply increasing when he is around. Below, my last meal in Vivace in a "normal" visit (2 guests) :

one seabass
one penne matria???
one latte
one expresso
one tiramisu
one large perrier
one valpolicella classico

115 JOD !

Favorite Dish: Can't tell you my favorite dish as there isnt any but I can tell you that the tiramisu is the worst I have had in 5 years in Amman !!!

SHame !!

Rating: 1

Theme: Italian

1W1V Lives Here!

1W1V

“I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move. (R.L. Stevenson)”

Badges & Stats in Amman