"Columbus Ohio-More than just a small town;)" Columbus by lashr1999
Columbus Travel Guide: 504 reviews and 852 photos
The Columbus is the state capitol of Ohio and was founded in 1812. The city has become the largest city in the state of Ohio. Columbus has something for everyone. Here you can find events like the Ohio State Fair, River Fire and tractor pulls. There are also several cultural sites like the King Arts Complex, the Wexner Center for the Arts, and Thurber House. Columbus has its fair share of restaurants, concerts, films, plays and sporting events. While I was in Columbus the state fair, Destiny's Child, Cirque du Solil and Switchfoot were in town. Columbus has diverse areas to visit such as downtown, the German Village, North Market, Metro Parks, the suburbs and the Arena District. Each of these areas has its own unique flair. More important than all the above is that Columbus is home to some of the greatest Ice Cream in the world. Where else can you find hand made ice cream and unique flavors from Jenny's, Denise's, Graeters and Mardi Gras Ice Cream? Graeter's Ice Cream is so good Oprah has some flown in for her:)
Accidentally stepping into the sprinklers on a very hot Columbus day at the Whetstone Park of Roses. I couldn't see that large stream of cold water heading my way;)
- In a nutshell:Small town feel with more to do than you think
The Wexner Center showcases visual arts exhibitions, music and dance concerts, performances, films, videos, and... more travel advice
Jeni's Ice cream is home made and uses ingredients, honey and fruits from Ohio's dairy and Ashland County. She makes... more travel advice
lashr1999's Related Pages
Columbus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Walk Along High Street in the Ohio State Capitol"
- "Columbus, Ohio, More Than Just a Zoo"
- "My Stay in columbus"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- "Columbus, Ohio"
- "Columbus: Much more than you think"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Columbus
- Hotels in Columbus
- Transportation in Columbus
- Nightlife in Columbus
- Restaurants in Columbus
- Shopping in Columbus
- Warnings and Dangers in Columbus
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Columbus
- 22 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Columbus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Columbus
Photos in ColumbusSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Nassau Intro, 13 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 55 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cusco Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos
- Athens Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Columbus Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 1 review, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lima Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos
- Chicago Intro, 9 reviews, 28 photos