"Living between the Tian-Shan and Issyk-Kul Lake" Top 5 Page for this destination Karakol by His_Beloved
Karakol Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 57 photos
Wow, summer here is beautiful! I work all the time with tourists so I meet crazy travelers [like you!] amost every day, but once in a while I get to escape with some local friends to the lake for some fun in the sun. Life, indeed, is a beautiful thing...
Karakol actually has a couple of nice parks to hang and chill out it. This one is a WWII memorial park with lots of statues, but also lots of wild flowers (and lilacs in the spring).
Just so you all know, I'm an American volunteer working for Community Based Tourism here on the lake. I arrived last December and have managed to survive the long, cold winter without freezing to death. Fortunately, spring has finally arrived to Kyrgyzstan and the fields and hills are turning emerald green, while the mountains of the Tian-Shan, still covered with snow, hover over Karakol City. Soon it will be summer and the crystal waters of Lake Issyk-Kul will soon be calling to tourists from all over Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Russia, and from the rest of the world.
- Pros:The hospitality and the beauty of the Tian-Shan and Lake Issyk-Kul are right at your fingertips.
- Cons:English is not so widely spoken in this area.
Once used as a dance hall during soviet times, this Russian Orthodox Cathedral was reconstructed and reconsencrated in... more travel advice
Despite the interesting name, this cafe is popular among locals and foreign aid workers because of it's good food and... more travel advice
His_Beloved's Related Pages
Karakol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living between the Tian-Shan and Issyk-Kul Lake"
- "Up to 3900m"
- "Kara-Kol or Karakol or Karakol' Make yer mind up"
- "Karakol - my second home"
- "Walking around karakol"
- "KARAKOL , LAKE AND MOUNTAINS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karakol
- Hotels in Karakol
- Transportation in Karakol
- Nightlife in Karakol
- Restaurants in Karakol
- Shopping in Karakol
- Warnings and Dangers in Karakol
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karakol
- 10 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Karakol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karakol
Top 10 Pages
- Japan Intro, 15 reviews, 9 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kyrgyzstan Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Karakol Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- England Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Turkey Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- Okinawa Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Hokkaido Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Australia Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philippines Intro, 4 photos, 1 travelogue
- Thailand Intro, 3 photos