"Heavenly Bali" Bali by savitha
Bali Travel Guide: 6,300 reviews and 15,209 photos
Bali is a land where Hinduism plays an important role there...
I'm a Hindu, but I must admit , these people here honour their religion and practice rituals which I have not seen before...
Most buildings like this is carved with Hindu deitys (if i'm not wrong...) and they are beautiful...Their approach to a peaceful life got me mesmerized with Bali the moment I landed my feet there...
I revisited Bali again in July 2006 and I know I'll be back again..
The people of Bali are warm and friendly and with a magical land like that, who wouldn't want to go back?
The Royal Palace in Ubud simply personifies Bali architecture...
If you're shopping around Pasar Ubud ( Ubud Market ), do drop by the Royal Palace as the building is simply rich in Balinese architecture and decorations.
Apparently, the Balinese royalty still stay here and a part of their palace is open to public viewing.
Don't forget to go try the Babi Guling ( suckling pig ) when you're around the Palace.
Everyone is Bali will tell you about the Rice terraces...Its a great sight...So green and the feel of fresh air when we got out of the van...Not a must see, but no harm seeing it and enjoying its scenery...
Paddy fields can be seen almost everywhere in Bali, but to see really beautiful landscapes of rice terraces, go over to Tegallalang.
- Pros:Good food, friendly people and cheap clothes!
- Cons:Too many road peddlers, always trying to sell you something.
- In a nutshell:Who said places with temples are boring? Come to Bali!
Shops in Sukawati sells even cheaper than those found in Ubud.... You may haggle here, but to all out there, the art of... more travel advice
Mother Temple@Besakih is the mother of all temples in Bali...The oldest and biggest temple in Bali is simply a... more travel advice
savitha's Related Pages
Bali Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharing my experiences Under the Bali Sunshine"
- "Bali, A Travel to Island Of Paradise :"
- "Bali, Indonesia..."
- "Bali - Island Beauty"
- "...stranded between heaven and earth"
- "BALI Of Gods, Goddesses & Demons"
- "Bali - Home of the Gods (& mischievious monkeys)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bali
- Hotels in Bali
- Transportation in Bali
- Nightlife in Bali
- Restaurants in Bali
- Shopping in Bali
- Warnings and Dangers in Bali
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bali
- 16 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Bali?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bali
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 35 reviews, 33 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 30 reviews, 34 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 28 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seremban Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 28 reviews, 25 photos
- Shaanxi Sheng Intro, 29 reviews, 17 photos
- Bali Intro, 16 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Kota Kinabalu Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 17 reviews, 10 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
Top Bali hotels
- Jimbaran Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 96 Photos
- Kuta Hotels
- 333 Reviews - 724 Photos
- Ubud Hotels
- 520 Reviews - 1297 Photos
- Sanur Hotels
- 105 Reviews - 228 Photos
- Uluwatu Hotels
- 236 Reviews - 641 Photos
- Denpasar Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 137 Photos
- Bali Hotels
- 666 Reviews - 1602 Photos
- Karangasem Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Gianyar Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 26 Photos
- Singaraja Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Tabanan Hotels
- 34 Reviews - 89 Photos
- Bedugul Hotels
- 16 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Danau Tamblingan Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Klungkung Hotels
- 11 Reviews - 36 Photos
- Pulau Nusadua Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 96 Photos