"Welcome to the Charlevoix region!" Baie-Saint-Paul by Jefie
Baie-Saint-Paul Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 79 photos
The beautiful Charlevoix region is located east of Quebec City, on the north shore of the St. Lawrence River. When visitors ask what else they should do after having been to Montreal and Quebec City, a short drive through the Charlevoix region usually is what I suggest. With its breathtaking scenery, lovely small towns and kind villagers, Charlevoix seems to capture what life in the province of Quebec is all about. And the best thing is that it's only about 90 minutes away from Quebec City!
The Charlevoix region basically covers the area between Quebec City and the Saguenay River. Baie-Saint-Paul is the westernmost town of the region, and as such it offers visitors a warm welcome to the region. Nature and culture truly come together in this little town where numerous painters have taken up residence throughout the years, and arts lovers will very much enjoy stopping by its numerous galleries.
If you only have one day to spend in the Charlevoix region, take a stroll through the streets of Baie-Saint-Paul and enjoy a great dinner in one of the town's many restaurants, where local products make up a great part of the menu. If you have some more time, you can go on further to l'Ile-aux-Coudres, La Malbaie, and even cross the Saguenay River to the beautiful village of Tadoussac (see my travel pages for more info). Like so many others before, you're bound to fall in love with the Charlevoix region!
- Pros:A great nature getaway only a short drive away from the city!
- Cons:Finding a parking spot downtown can be a bit of a hassle
- In a nutshell:A taste of the Charlevoix region - you'll be back for more!
I first heard about this hiking trail about 15 years ago, and thought it would be such a fantastic adventure to hike up... more travel advice
Granted the conditions were absolutely amazing when we went snowshoeing at the Boisé du Quai, which might explain why we... more travel advice
- Great train ride from Quebec City
- To complete your great outdoors...
- Art all around!
Jefie's Related Pages
Baie-Saint-Paul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to the Charlevoix region!"
- "Where nature inspires you.."
- "Quebec jewel"
- "Baie St Paul, Quebec"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baie-Saint-Paul
- Hotels in Baie-Saint-Paul
- Transportation in Baie-Saint-Paul
- Nightlife in Baie-Saint-Paul
- Restaurants in Baie-Saint-Paul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baie-Saint-Paul
- 11 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Baie-Saint-Paul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baie-Saint-Paul
- Posted in Travel Quebec Forum "Re: Winter Carnival"
- Commented on one of Jefie's Baie-Saint-Paul tips
- Wrote a Review Hike the Sentier des Caps in Baie-Saint-Paul Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hike the Sentier des Caps"
- updated a Baie-Saint-Paul Travel Page "Welcome to the Charlevoix region!"
Photos in Baie-Saint-PaulSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos