"Hop on your bike and discover l'Ile-aux-Coudres!" Île aux Coudres by Jefie
Île aux Coudres Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 71 photos
L'Ile-aux-Coudres is a tiny island (30 km2) located off the shore of the beautiful Charlevoix region. It was first discovered by French explorer Jacques Cartier back in 1535 during his second trip to Canada, and it has since been rediscovered by countless visitors in search of a slow-paced, nature-oriented destination.
The island's first residents moved in during the 1720s, and there are now about 1,300 full-time residents who will be more than happy to help you discover the island's history and culture (ever heard of a "pate croche"?). One thing that is particular of l'Ile-aux-Coudres is that on any given day, you'll find more bicycles than cars on the 23 km road that goes around the island. Time to leave the city behind!
- Pros:The perfect weekend getaway destination!
- Cons:Perhaps not enough things to keep you busy for several days
- In a nutshell:A small jewel in the Charlevoix region
As I was biking around the island, I saw so many beautiful landscapes, it was impossible to stop everytime to take a... more travel advice
On any given day, you'll find people lining up by the cash register of La Boulangerie Bouchard and after you've had a... more travel advice
- La Maison Croche (The Crooked House)
- See All For a nice Sunday brunch
- See All The religious heritage of...
Jefie's Related Pages
Île aux Coudres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hop on your bike and discover l'Ile-aux-Coudres!"
- "Tour de Lisle aux Coudres"
- "The beautifull island!"
- "An isolated slice of rural Charlevoix"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Île aux Coudres
- Hotels in Île aux Coudres
- Transportation in Île aux Coudres
- Restaurants in Île aux Coudres
- Shopping in Île aux Coudres
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Île aux Coudres
- 13 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Île aux Coudres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Île aux Coudres
- Posted in Travel Quebec Forum "Re: Road signs"
- updated a Île aux Coudres Travel Page "Hop on your bike and discover l'Ile-aux-Coudres!"
- Wrote a Review So much beauty all around! in Île aux Coudres General
- Uploaded a Photo to "So much beauty all around!"
- Commented on one of Simonneeddy's Île aux Coudres travel pages
Photos in Île aux CoudresSee All Photos (35)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 238 photos
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos