Edmonton Things to Do Tips by Jefie Top 5 Page for this destination
Edmonton Things to Do: 143 reviews and 214 photos
A Wedding at Government House
Alberta's Government House was built in 1912-1913 and it was the official residence of the province's first six Lieutenant Governors. Because of its sumptuous architecture and interior design, it is now used for government conferences, receptions and dinners. Tours are available Saturday and Sunday, from 11:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
Address: 12845 - 102 Avenue
Directions: Downtown Edmonton
The Farmers' Market comes to life every Saturday, when more than 130 vendors set up their little shops to sell garden products, arts & crafts, baked goods, meat products, preserved products and more. It's impossible to leave this place empty handed - there are so many good products and it's pretty easy to get a good deal. Open year round!
Address: 10310 - 83 Avenue
Directions: Old Strathcona district
Phone: 780) 439 1844
If you're looking for something to do on a rainy day, you might want to check what's playing at Garneau Theatre. This historic movie theatre was built in 1941 and it now showcases foreign, Canadian and alternative films.
Address: 8712 - 109 Street
Directions: Not too far from the Old Strathcona district
View from inside City Hall
Visitors usually stop by City Hall to admire the building's interesting modern architecture and its great art collection, or to cool off in the reflective pool on a hot summer day. There's always something going on in or around City Hall and tours are free, so enjoy!
Address: 1 Sir Winston Churchill Square
Directions: Downtown Edmonton
There are so many festivals in Edmonton, no matter when you decide to visit you're sure to catch one. My personal favorites are the Edmonton folk music festival, Edmonton's Klondike Days, the Fringe theatre festival and the Street performers festival. Have fun!
Directions: All over the city
Buildings reprensenting the fur trading era
Fort Edmonton is a huge historic park that recreates life in Edmonton from the early beginnings of Fort Edmonton (1846) to the early 20th century. You can easily spend an entire day going from one historic building to the next located on three streets recreating the city in 1885, 1905 and 1920.
Address: Fox Drive & Whitemud Drive
Kids enjoying an afternoon at Rutherford House
This house built in 1915 was the home of Alberta's first premier, Alexander Rutherford.
Costumed tour guides recreate daily, turn-of-the-century household activities, help you discover the life of the Rutherford family and trace back the history of this house that was at one point home to one of U of A's fraternities.
Special events include group activities for kids and Murder Mystery evenings, which can take on a whole new meaning in this house supposed to be haunted by the ghost of Lady Rutherford.
Address: 11153 Saskatchewan Drive
Other Contact: email@example.com
Dolphin show at West Edmonton Mall
Definitely more than just a mall! There is so much to do at WEM, it's the ideal place to go on a cold or rainy day - you can try one of the 25 rides at Galaxy Land (the Mindbender rollercoaster is my favorite), go for a splash at the indoor World Waterpark, go on board a submarine, skate at the Ice Palace, go bowling at Red's and much more!
Address: #2472, 8882 - 170 Street
Directions: Use the mapquest link on WEM's website
Other Contact: tourism@westedmontonmall
Alberta Legislature building
Legislature Building tours are fun and free! Learn about the political history of Alberta and some of the (amusing) British traditions that are still part of our official ceremonies nowadays. Also, ask you tour guide to show you the spooky portraits of King George V and his wife, and don't miss the magic spot on the fifth floor!!
During summer, kids can play in the pool in front of the building.
Directions: Alberta Legislature Grounds
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Plains bison or wood bison?
Elk Island National Park is located less than an hour away from Edmonton so if you don't have enough time to make it to Jasper, this great park is the ideal place to go for hiking, canoeing, picnicking or camping. Also, you can be sure that some bison, wood bison, moose, deer and elk specimens will greet you right at the park's entrance!
Directions: In Fort Saskatchewan, approx. one hour from Edmonton via Highway 16 East (Yellowhead)
Other Contact: email@example.com
More Reviews (16)
- See All Go for a ride in the country side!
- Yummy Tex-Mex in Edmonton
- See All Looking for a long-lasting souvenir?
- See All Edmonton's Ukrainian community
Jefie's Related Pages
Edmonton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edmonton - Oil Capital of Canada"
- "Gateway to the north!"
- "A river runs through it ........"
- "Meeting Jojocan in Edmonton"
- "Darby's Edmonton, Alberta Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edmonton
- Hotels in Edmonton
- Transportation in Edmonton
- Nightlife in Edmonton
- Restaurants in Edmonton
- Shopping in Edmonton
- Warnings and Dangers in Edmonton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edmonton
- 26 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Edmonton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edmonton
Photos in EdmontonSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 83 reviews, 238 photos
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (56)
- West Edmonton Mall- 52 Reviews, 61 Photos
- Festivals- 17 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Parliament Buildings- 8 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Fort Edmonton- 7 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Downtown- 8 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Rural Alberta- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- River Valley- 5 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Muttart Conservatory- 4 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Telus World of Science- 3 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Royal Alberta Museum- 4 Reviews, 5 Photos
See All Edmonton Things to Do