"Gateway to the north!" Top 5 Page for this destination Edmonton by Jefie

Edmonton Travel Guide: 628 reviews and 1,065 photos

Like many Quebecois, I’ve always wanted to experience life in the Prairies and a few years ago, I was lucky enough to get a job working at the Visitor Services of the Legislative Assembly of Alberta. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Edmonton and did my best to discover both the city and the province. I hope you find a few useful tips on this page!

• Pros:Lots of festivals & friendly people
  • Cons:Met quite a few weirdos on Whyte Ave
  • In a nutshell:Totally worth the trip up North!
  • Intro Updated Dec 26, 2009

• davidjo's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM

My uncle emigrated to Edmonton the day i was born, so i never got to see him. But recently my wife's cousin left Ph and is a nurse there for around 3-4 yrs

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Looks like an interesting city. We are trying to decide between Calgary and Edmonton areas for a week or so in Oct. Both look great.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Nice page and tips on Edmonton. We have very good friends who live here, and hope to visit them some day. The architecture is awesome. I have heard much about that huge mall.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2009 at 9:00 PM

I almost reached Edmonton on one trip north, but distances really are great up there! Nice description of the city and surrounds in your tips.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Greetings!

• Jul 13, 2008 at 5:56 AM

I'm just glad you didn't mention anything about the Oilers. They smacked my beloved Boston Bruins around a couple of times in the Stanley Cup Finals. Wayne Gretzky and Paul Coffey were unstoppable back then.

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2007 at 11:18 AM

Lovely Edmonton page. regards, Vesna

• Apr 26, 2007 at 9:15 PM

Took a note to visit the Legislative Building - you've made it sound like a very interesting place - should make time for a tour!! Cheers, Marina

• Joseph69's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Beautiful "Mall"! What a fun place. ;) Re: C'wealth Stadium, it was site Canada vs Australia in World Cup Qlfyer for USA '94 in '93. I saw game live on TV. Canada won 2-1 in front of 25,500 ppl. Return leg played in Syd, and I attended the game & Aus won.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2005 at 1:59 PM

The stampede & cowboys sound like great fun Canada likes it's farmers' markets Good page

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Edmonton

Have you been to Edmonton?

Latest Activity in Edmonton