"New Brunswick's best kept secret!" Top 5 Page for this destination Fredericton by Jefie
Fredericton Travel Guide: 224 reviews and 328 photos
My friend Annie-Claude and I decided the spend the Labour Day weekend in Fredericton. We had both driven quickly through the city - Fredericton is not on most people's itinerary when they travel to the Maritimes - and we wanted to go back because it seemed like there was much to see there. When we told people we were heading down to Fredericton for the long weekend, there generally was a puzzled look on their face - some asked if we had business there, some asked if we were visiting friends or family... no one seemed to think you could just go for fun! Boy, were they wrong!
The capital of New Brunswick is located along the banks of the beautiful St. John River. Back in the 18th century, many Loyalists who fled from the States after the War of Independence established themselves in Fredericton, building gorgeous Victorian and Queen Anne mansions that have been extremely well preserved. Fredericton therefore offers a great mixture of nature, history and architecture, and with a population of less than 50,000, it truly is one of the pleasantest small cities in Canada!
(For more information on things to do in Fredericton, visit the Web site: http://www.tourismfredericton.ca)
- Pros:Beautiful architecture and such friendly people!
- Cons:Perhaps not the greatest nightlife...
- In a nutshell:A definite must-see in the Maritimes!
Kings Landing takes us back to the beginning of the 19th century, shortly after the Loyalists, who had fled from the USA... more travel advice
We stopped by the Snooty Fox for food and drinks before heading back to our hostel on a Saturday night. The atmosphere... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Fredericton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada"
- "Fredericton and New Brunswick"
- "New Brunswick's best kept secret!"
- "Fredericton, New Brunswick"
- "Fredericton, New Brunswick- My Home Away From Home"
- "A nice place at Saint John's River's shore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fredericton
- Hotels in Fredericton
- Transportation in Fredericton
- Nightlife in Fredericton
- Restaurants in Fredericton
- Shopping in Fredericton
- Warnings and Dangers in Fredericton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fredericton
- 18 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Fredericton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fredericton
- Posted in Travel Canada Forum "Re: Places to visit"
- updated a Fredericton Travel Page "New Brunswick's best kept secret!"
- Wrote a Review Kings Landing Historical Settlement in Fredericton Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kings Landing Historical Settlement"
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Fredericton travel pages
Photos in FrederictonSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos