""Where the land ends"" Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé by Jefie
Gaspé Travel Guide: 150 reviews and 411 photos
Lying between the sea and the mountains, the town of Gaspe is where you will find nature at its best. Gaspe is made up of several small villages, each with its own distinctive cultural characteristics. Those who enjoy outdoor activities will love everything the Forillon National Park has to offer and those with an interest in history will enjoy walking around the town discovered in 1534 by Jacques Cartier.
The village of Perce was named after the rock that stands in front of it in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. The Rocher Perce is 471m long and 85 m tall, and it bears the name of Perce (pierced) because of its 10 m hole.
On each side of the main street of Perce you will find numerous arts & crafts boutiques, art galleries and seafood restaurants, and at low tide, you can walk all the way to the Rocher Perce.
On a personal note - Even though I was born in Matane, my sister moved to Gaspe 20 years ago and since then my attachement to the region has grown every year until the point where I now consider Gaspe my second home. I usually make the 7h trip between Quebec City and Gaspe at least twice a year because nothing quite compares to the friendliness of Les Gaspesiens and in my opinion, it truly is the most beautiful town in the entire province. There is a feeling about this place and community that I can't quite put into words, but I think it's fair to say that anyone who spends a bit of time in Gaspe will also feel right at home!
- Pros:Definitely one of Quebec's most delightful regions
- Cons:A bit out of the way -- but it's worth the trip!
- In a nutshell:Nothing quite compares to it
The Cafe de l'Anse opened only a few years ago in the lovely village of Anse-au-Griffon but already it has become quite... more travel advice
Very few people know that during the Second World war, numerous German submarines succeeded in making their way up the... more travel advice
- Flying to Gaspe with Air Canada Jazz
- See All A great spot for snowshoeing!
- Do you speak English?
Jefie's Related Pages
Gaspé Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The rugged tip of Gaspé Peninsula"
- ""Where the land ends""
- "Maritime Quebec...Pretty Close to the EDGE..."
- "Traverse of Eastern Canada: Gaspé Peninsula"
- "Gaspe Peninsula"
- "The Gaspe Peninsula"
- "Motorcycle trip 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gaspé
- Hotels in Gaspé
- Transportation in Gaspé
- Nightlife in Gaspé
- Restaurants in Gaspé
- Warnings and Dangers in Gaspé
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gaspé
- 20 Reviews
- 60 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Gaspé?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gaspé
- Posted in Travel Quebec Forum "Re: 4 days outside the city of..."
- updated a Gaspé Travel Page ""Where the land ends""
- Uploaded a Photo to "We're building ourselves a ranch!!"
- Wrote a Review A great place to stop on your tour of Forillon in Gaspé Restaurants
- Uploaded a Video to Gaspé
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's Gaspé travel pages
Videos in GaspéSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos