""Where the land ends"" Top 5 Page for this destination Gaspé by Jefie

Gaspé Travel Guide: 150 reviews and 411 photos

The Cradle of Canada

Lying between the sea and the mountains, the town of Gaspe is where you will find nature at its best. Gaspe is made up of several small villages, each with its own distinctive cultural characteristics. Those who enjoy outdoor activities will love everything the Forillon National Park has to offer and those with an interest in history will enjoy walking around the town discovered in 1534 by Jacques Cartier.

A mighty big rock!

The village of Perce was named after the rock that stands in front of it in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. The Rocher Perce is 471m long and 85 m tall, and it bears the name of Perce (pierced) because of its 10 m hole.

On each side of the main street of Perce you will find numerous arts & crafts boutiques, art galleries and seafood restaurants, and at low tide, you can walk all the way to the Rocher Perce.

My second home

On a personal note - Even though I was born in Matane, my sister moved to Gaspe 20 years ago and since then my attachement to the region has grown every year until the point where I now consider Gaspe my second home. I usually make the 7h trip between Quebec City and Gaspe at least twice a year because nothing quite compares to the friendliness of Les Gaspesiens and in my opinion, it truly is the most beautiful town in the entire province. There is a feeling about this place and community that I can't quite put into words, but I think it's fair to say that anyone who spends a bit of time in Gaspe will also feel right at home!

• Pros:Definitely one of Quebec's most delightful regions
  • Cons:A bit out of the way -- but it's worth the trip!
  • In a nutshell:Nothing quite compares to it
  • Last visit to Gaspé: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Dec 26, 2009

• spidermiss's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2011 at 5:31 AM

Gaspe looks amazing!x

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Nice tips and travelogues on your second home town!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2009 at 8:52 PM

Awesome! Quite a height difference in your family, looks like me with my 6'9" brother in law!!!

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Hi Isa....finally taking a moment to have a look....Kevin seems so TALL beside you my friend!!!Cool pics..what a memorable event for Kevin and everyone...he'll have those great memories for the rest of his life!! Nice!!

• CesVT's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Aaaaaarrrhhhh, j'aurais TELLEMENT voulu être là!! C'est si bon de vous revoir tous, et si fiers!! Quels beaux 'petits' champions! Et Kevin qui se fait interviewer, lol! Il n'arrête pas de se dépasser!! :)

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Lovely travelogues!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Anice location to be a Virtual Tourist. Looks too cold for my liking Isa. Any travel plans?

• Dester's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2009 at 3:29 PM

Lovely photos Isa. I think this was the second page I ever looked at on vt. It was fun to revisit. Your PEI page was the first. That was my introduction to vt!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Great tips on the tip of Gaspe!! We hope the weather allows us some hiking in Forillon NP and since we will be in the area on a Friday night we'll have to check out the Resto Brise Bise nightlife! I hope I won't need snowshoes though!

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2007 at 9:22 AM

Just checking your pictures... I can't wait to get there, but it's still 5 months to wait! Damn!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Gaspé