"Canada's Ocean Playground" Halifax by Jefie

Halifax Travel Guide: 996 reviews and 1,932 photos

In 2006, our third annual family camping trip took us to Halifax, the capital of beautiful Nova Scotia. As the first British city in Canada and second largest natural harbour in the world, Halifax invites visitors to discover both its rich history and vibrant Maritimes culture. I know for a fact that my sister Pascale, my nephew Kevin, my niece Alex and myself had an awesome time touring around the city, visiting some of its museums, hanging out by the water and just soaking in the warm Nova Scotian atmosphere. So I hope you enjoy touring around Halifax by looking up my tips, as you'll see, it truly is Canada's ocean playground!

• Pros:Something for the young and old and everyone in between
  • Cons:It was a heck of a long car ride!
  • In a nutshell:Pubs EVERYWHERE!!
  • Last visit to Halifax: Aug 2006
  • Intro Written Sep 7, 2006

• Feb 6, 2009 at 5:37 AM

Hi my name is brandon McNeil I was wondering if you thought it would be possible if a class of 21 studnets would able to go to the discovery center we go to SHS which stands for Sackville High School we are a o2 class and what would the times be?

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2008 at 8:51 PM

Hi Isa, Nice page, would like to visit this section of Canada in your fall season. Either hire a car for 3 weeks and drive up from Boston or visa versa.

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 3:13 AM

Another nice place I visited

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Nov 25, 2007 at 5:03 AM

Interesting to see that you put "Stores closed on Sundays" in as a tip - in Germany all stores are closed on Sundays and it's nothing special at all... ;)

• Toughluck's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2007 at 7:11 AM

It's been so long since I've been to Halifax, that I've linked my page on Nova Scotia (which is blank) to your's. You've got great information. Hope you don't mind.

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Apr 30, 2007 at 6:04 AM

I have a fridge magnet of Peggy's Cove!My son brought it back for me from his visit 3 years ago.He loved the area and Halifax where he stayed,Diana x

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2006 at 5:22 PM

This was great information on Halifax, I especially liked the tip about Peggy's Cove.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2006 at 7:54 AM

Very good tips on Halifax. I was there in nov 2005 and enjoyed this lovely city and surroundings very much :)

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Halifax

Have you been to Halifax?

Latest Activity in Halifax