"A City Full of History" Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston by Jefie
Kingston Travel Guide: 186 reviews and 399 photos
Founded in 1673, Kingston is one of "Upper Canada" (Ontario)'s oldest and finest cities. Because of its proximity to Lake Ontario, the city enjoyed much prosperity during the 1800s, which resulted in its being chosen as the first capital of the united Upper and Lower Canadas, before it was moved to Ottawa.
Today, Kingston retains much of its historic beauty, but each year new flocks of students arrive - Kingston is home to both Queen's University and the Royal Military College of Canada - thus keeping the city young, vibrant and alive. A great place to stop when travelling from Toronto to Montreal, and vice versa!
- Pros:The lake, the history, the students....
- Cons:Make sure to bring your ID card when you go out, even if you're 46!
- In a nutshell:A great city that not too many people know about
The best way to really see and appreciate Kingston is to do it on foot. It's a lot of fun to walk down Princess Avenue... more travel advice
If you walk around historic Kingston, you'll notice plenty (PLENTY) of interpretation panels pertaining to the life of... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Kingston Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kingston and the 1000 Islands"
- "Canada's First Capital....Kingston"
- "A beautiful drive to Kingston"
- "A City Full of History"
- "My Kingston and Wolfe Island page"
- "Canada's First Capital"
- "~ Where History and Innovation Thrive ~"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston
- Hotels in Kingston
- Transportation in Kingston
- Nightlife in Kingston
- Restaurants in Kingston
- Shopping in Kingston
- Warnings and Dangers in Kingston
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Kingston?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston
Photos in KingstonSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos