"A day-trip to Lunenburg, home of Bluenose II" Top 5 Page for this destination Lunenburg by Jefie
Lunenburg Travel Guide: 73 reviews and 239 photos
Of course Halifax is the main tourist destination in Nova Scotia but if you've made it as far as Halifax, might as well make it to Lunenburg!
Lunenburg is a gorgeous little town located about an hour and a half from Halifax on Highway 103. It was founded in 1753 and as such it is the second oldest British settlement of the province after Halifax. What makes Lunenburg so special today is the beautifully preserved architecture of Old Town Lunenburg, In fact, in 1995, it was added to the UNESCO World Heritage List, thus joining the likes of Le Vieux Quebec and La Habana Vieja. Wondering if it's truly worth the detour? Just take a look at the following few tips!
- Pros:Beautiful architecture
- Cons:Bluenose II is often away from home
- In a nutshell:Don't forget to bring your camera!
There are many buildings worth seeing in Lunenburg but perhaps none as impressive as St. John's Anglican Church. When... more travel advice
There are lots of excellent restaurants in Lunenburg but we had a small problem: out of our little party of four, three... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Lunenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lunenburg - A Wonderful & Colourful Town"
- "LOVELY LUNENBURG"
- "LUNENBURG, NOVA SCOTIA"
- "A day-trip to Lunenburg, home of Bluenose II"
- "Lunenberg: Seacoast Jewel in Nova Scotia"
- "Lunenburg - a rather dull UNESCO world heritage"
- "UNESCO World Heritage Site"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lunenburg
- Hotels in Lunenburg
- Transportation in Lunenburg
- Nightlife in Lunenburg
- Restaurants in Lunenburg
- Shopping in Lunenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Lunenburg
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lunenburg
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Lunenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lunenburg
Photos in LunenburgSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos