"Gateway to Gaspesie" Matane by Jefie
Matane Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 30 photos
Matane is a small town of about 10,000 people and the birthplace of yours truly :o) Yep, I was born and grew up in this charming town located by the St. Lawrence River. It was a wonderful place to grow up, although it does seem more quiet now than it was back when I lived there - and I do hope my leaving the place has nothing to do with it!
Matane is mostly known for its salmon river and for its shrimp industry. In fact, Matane's shrimp festival (Festival de la crevette) used to be one of the biggest festivals in the province of Quebec until they ran out of volunteers to run it and sadly had to cancel the event. But still, because it is located about 4h east of Quebec City and 3h west of Gaspe, Matane is a good place to stop on your "tour de la Gaspesie". You can relax and enjoy a stroll along the river, a delicious seafood meal, and discover all that Matane's nature has to offer!
- Pros:The best place to get shrimp in all of Quebec
- Cons:Not as interesting if you're allergic to seafood
- In a nutshell:What a nice way to kick off your "Tour de Gaspesie"
Matane is home to the largest concentration of wind turbines in the province. Though some dislike them, I think their... more travel advice
Cafe Chez Emilie is the new coffeehouse in town so of course I had to stop by on my last trip to Matane and I was happy... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Matane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gateway to Gaspesie"
- "Ferry TO Matane From Baie Comeau on North Shore"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Matane
- Hotels in Matane
- Nightlife in Matane
- Restaurants in Matane
- Shopping in Matane
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Matane
- 20 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Matane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Matane
Photos in MataneSee All Photos (24)
Videos in MataneSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos