"Quebec, mon amour!" Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec by Jefie

Quebec Travel Guide: 1,564 reviews and 3,453 photos

My love affair with Quebec City dates back to 1995, when I moved there to study English literature at Laval University. I immediately fell in love with this charming historic city, and have lived here ever since! The city was founded by Samuel de Champlain in 1608 and it therefore is one of the oldest North American cities, also known as the cradle of French civilization in America.

Quebec City now has a population of a little over 600,000 and it is the capital of the province, which makes it a nice big city with a small feel. It's got all the attractions you can think of - museums, arts and culture, sports, the great outdoors and more, but at the same time it is a really safe city, very clean and green - or white, depending on the time of the year! - with no traffic or hassle. Therefore, it's not only a great place to live in, it's also a great place to visit! Year after year, Quebec City remains one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world - so what are you waiting for? Come and join the fun!

I love helping people plan trips to Quebec City so if you've got questions or would like to set up a VT meeting, feel free to write in English, French or Spanish :o)

Also, I have recently become a Tip Group Editor for Quebec City, and I'll do my very best to improve Quebec City travel pages by classifying tips into useful categories. Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please send me an e-mail!

• In a nutshell:So much more than a few acres of snow!
  • Last visit to Quebec: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2010

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Great tips jefie, I am finally getting to visit Quebec in a few weeks!

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Only got as far as Montreal when visiting Quebec it was end the end of a months tour of Canada so ran out of time,would love to visit though,your tips are wonderful

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Me again, coming back to have a look at the updates that you have added to this page in the past two years. I’ve never been to Quebec but it sounds like my kind of place. I hope you had a good holiday season. Best wishes for the New Year.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Im reading your Quebec page. You have great amount of useful information written here. I plan to include Quebec on my trip next year coming from Montreal. Thanks. great job.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM

ça donne envie de venir y habiter

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 11:59 AM

A fantastic page, thanks for sharing this. I have been here twice, but mostly been at the Campus and visited the old city and the castle :D

• mmyerspa's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Thanks for the tips on Carnaval. I am going this year!

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Just had another look at your Quebec pages... Want to go back!!!

• Elisabcn's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2009 at 1:26 AM

Guapa! Too bad I have not visited Quebec with you before!! I'll come back to finish my visit later :-) Oh, that Notre Dame's altar . . . I have no words . . .

• glabah's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM

You were the featured traveler when I logged in just now, and decided to see what you have written about your home city. There's some wonderful stuff in Quebec City I had no idea about!

Jefie Lives Here!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Quebec