"Quebec, mon amour!" Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec by Jefie

Quebec Travel Guide: 1,586 reviews and 3,495 photos

My love affair with Quebec City dates back to 1995, when I moved there to study English literature at Laval University. I immediately fell in love with this charming historic city, and have lived here ever since! The city was founded by Samuel de Champlain in 1608 and it therefore is one of the oldest North American cities, also known as the cradle of French civilization in America.

Quebec City now has a population of a little over 600,000 and it is the capital of the province, which makes it a nice big city with a small feel. It's got all the attractions you can think of - museums, arts and culture, sports, the great outdoors and more, but at the same time it is a really safe city, very clean and green - or white, depending on the time of the year! - with no traffic or hassle. Therefore, it's not only a great place to live in, it's also a great place to visit! Year after year, Quebec City remains one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world - so what are you waiting for? Come and join the fun!

I love helping people plan trips to Quebec City so if you've got questions or would like to set up a VT meeting, feel free to write in English, French or Spanish :o)

Also, I have recently become a Tip Group Editor for Quebec City, and I'll do my very best to improve Quebec City travel pages by classifying tips into useful categories. Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please send me an e-mail!

• In a nutshell:So much more than a few acres of snow!
  • Last visit to Quebec: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2016 at 4:10 AM

A fine venue for a VT meet with new Friends and attend the jciquebec2016.com ;-)))

• Siege78's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2016 at 8:31 AM

Hi Jefie. I will be visiting Quebec for the first time this summer. Your page is very helpful.

• Siege78's Profile Photo
      Apr 2, 2016 at 10:59 AM

I will actually be staying in Montreal and taking a Grayline Tour to Quebec City. Now that I'm looking further into it, that may not be the best way to see everything.

• Jefie's Profile Photo
      Apr 3, 2016 at 2:55 AM

A day-tour to Quebec City will at least allow you to see most of the Old City, but not much else. Still better than nothing though!

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Thank you Jefie. Everything you wrote about your city (I read it all) was beautiful :-) Merci

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Great tips jefie, I am finally getting to visit Quebec in a few weeks!

• mickeyboy07's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Only got as far as Montreal when visiting Quebec it was end the end of a months tour of Canada so ran out of time,would love to visit though,your tips are wonderful

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Me again, coming back to have a look at the updates that you have added to this page in the past two years. I?ve never been to Quebec but it sounds like my kind of place. I hope you had a good holiday season. Best wishes for the New Year.

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Im reading your Quebec page. You have great amount of useful information written here. I plan to include Quebec on my trip next year coming from Montreal. Thanks. great job.

• fabrice's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2011 at 12:08 AM

ça donne envie de venir y habiter

• Regina1965's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2010 at 11:59 AM

A fantastic page, thanks for sharing this. I have been here twice, but mostly been at the Campus and visited the old city and the castle :D

• mmyerspa's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Thanks for the tips on Carnaval. I am going this year!

Jefie Lives Here!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Quebec