"The big city on the West Coast" Vancouver by Jefie
Vancouver Travel Guide: 3,975 reviews and 8,352 photos
It took me a while to make up a page for Vancouver for the simple reason that I didn't exactly fall in love with the city on my first visit there. Vancouver is rather expensive, very modern, and quite rainy, and these are not things I usually look for when I travel. However, due to some glitch in the space-time continuum, I ended up going to Vancouver not once, not twice, but three times over a six-month period, and I have to admit that the "City of Glass" has grown on me a fair bit. The fact that the sun finally came out while I was there sure helped a lot (!), and I also need to thank VTers YVRDave for setting up a VT meeting, rmdw for showing me around the city, and Carmanah for her amazing Vancouver page. So I hope you enjoy the following tips that sum up my 2007 adventures on the Canadian West Coast!
Quick update: Since I wrote this intro paragraph, life brought me not once but twice to Vancouver, the latest occasion being the 2012 Karate National Championships where I got to watch my nephew compete and qualify for the Junior PanAm games. The competition took place at the Richmond Olympic Oval, and among the many amazing memories I bring back from this trip, I once again had the pleasure of spending an evening with YVRDave. In all honesty, I guess Vancouver truly isn't so bad after all!
- Pros:Water and mountains all around!
- Cons:A bit expensive, rainy, and some social problems
- In a nutshell:Third time's the charm?!
it felt really weird, but in a really good way, to find myself back in Vancouver at the Canadian Karate Championships,... more travel advice
When I found out I'd be going back to the Canadian Karate Championship, I thought I'd stay at the same hotel I stayed at... more travel advice
- Good food in a nice atmosphere
- See All Skytrain from the airport to downtown
- See All Vancouver International Jazz Festival
Jefie's Related Pages
Vancouver Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Local's Perspective"
- "Vancouver, BC - Canada's Pacific Gem!"
- "Vancouver, BC, Canada!"
- "Vancouver, my current home"
- "Vancouver,the best neighbor city of the USA!"
- "Summer in Vancouver"
- "The big city on the West Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vancouver
- Hotels in Vancouver
- Transportation in Vancouver
- Nightlife in Vancouver
- Restaurants in Vancouver
- Shopping in Vancouver
- Warnings and Dangers in Vancouver
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vancouver
- 46 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Vancouver?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vancouver
- Posted in Travel Drummondville Forum "Re: Safety - Parking "
- Wrote a Review 2014 Karate National Championships in Vancouver Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "2014 Karate National Championships"
- Commented on one of Jefie's Vancouver travel pages
- updated a Vancouver Travel Page "The big city on the West Coast"
Photos in VancouverSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos