"A Canadian city with a British twist!" Top 5 Page for this destination Victoria by Jefie

Victoria Travel Guide: 1,638 reviews and 3,432 photos

Within seconds of stepping off the bus in downtown Victoria, I had fallen in love with this charming little city! The atmosphere all around was so joyful and laid-back, it immediately reminded me of my hometown of Quebec City, the main difference of course being the Union Jacks flying left and right! Named after the Queen of England, Victoria is evidently proud of its British roots, and it all contributes to giving the city it's very distinct and quite enjoyable flavour. Now, would you care for some tea?!

• Pros:Quite easy to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere
  • Cons:Very touristy, but is that really a bad thing?!
  • In a nutshell:Definitely one of the highlights of a trip to BC!
  • Last visit to Victoria: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jul 7, 2007

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2011 at 3:57 AM

In retrospect it seems amazing that in the 1960s there was talk of tearing down the Empress Hotel. But that was typical for that decade, and it can still happen today that a beautiful old building will be demolished to make room for a parking lot or a fast food joint.

• Jul 13, 2008 at 6:06 AM

I've been bombed in Victoria on numerous nights, and I must say, the police and the locals were all very kind to me, assuring that I managed to find my way back to my hotel safe and sound.

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Very useful tips on Victoria and great pictures too. Very helpful page!

• Jul 31, 2007 at 3:33 PM

I am just surprised that there is no explanation as to what this is. People I talked to seem disinterested in telling me. I think a plaque would have been a good thing. Also, in the summer everyone's a tourist so information can be hard to come by.

• Zajem's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2007 at 2:22 PM

Ahoj z Ceska:-) / Hi from Czechia:-)!Finally I got a few minutes to go through your great Victoria tips!Thanks for your lovely comment on my main page. Take care!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Bonjour Isa, C'est avec plaisir que je lis vos, toujours bons, commentaires. Mais il faut revenir sur le vieux continent nous donner votre point de vue. Bien à vous.

• Dester's Profile Photo
    Jul 10, 2007 at 1:41 PM

I love everything about your B.C. page , wonderful pictures. I've never been to the Legislature there. Quite impressive, you really bring it to life. That's what you do!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Victoria

Have you been to Victoria?