"Welcome to Whitehorse, Capital of the Yukon!" Top 5 Page for this destination Whitehorse by Jefie
Whitehorse Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 270 photos
No, it's not Yellowknife! People do tend to mix up the two territories' capitals, but the city I visited and fell in love with was Whitehorse, Yukon. I can totally understand now why my friends Alain and Annie-Claude moved there 6 years ago, but what I can't understand is why it took me so long to visit them! I'd be willing to bet it won't take another 6 years before I go back :o)
Of course, as this was my first time traveling to the Yukon, I wanted to see and do as many things as possible so I didn't end up spending that much time in Whitehorse. However, I did very much enjoy the general vibe given by this small (although it's the Yukon's largest), laidback city. "A sound mind in a sound body" is the image I get when I think of Whitehorse. It's a place where history and culture (especially music) meet the great outdoors, which makes for a rather unique but very interesting blend that goes a long way towards explaining why so many young Canadians end up picking Whitehorse as their hometown the way my friends did. Still not convinced? Then check out my Whitehorse tips, hope you enjoy them!
Although Robert Service is more closely associated with Dawson because the Klondike Gold Rush was the main source of... more travel advice
For many people, fishing is THE thing to do in the Yukon - for me it was more about having the opportunity to be on the... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Whitehorse Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whitehorse in the Canadian Yukon Territory!!"
- "Welcome to Whitehorse, Capital of the Yukon!"
- "a great little city in a big way:)"
- "cobrioc's new Whitehorse Page"
- "Whitehorse - the adventure gets started"
- "Kindra's Whitehorse Page"
- "Whitehorse is a Year-round Destination"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whitehorse
- Hotels in Whitehorse
- Transportation in Whitehorse
- Nightlife in Whitehorse
- Restaurants in Whitehorse
- Shopping in Whitehorse
- Warnings and Dangers in Whitehorse
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whitehorse
- 22 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Whitehorse?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whitehorse
- Posted in Travel Halifax Forum "Re: Reccommend a plce to visit "
- Commented on one of Jefie's Whitehorse travel pages
- Wrote a Review A unique homage to a unique man in Whitehorse Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "A unique homage to a unique man"
- updated a Whitehorse Travel Page "Welcome to Whitehorse, Capital of the Yukon!"
Photos in WhitehorseSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos