"Welcome to Whitehorse, Capital of the Yukon!" Top 5 Page for this destination Whitehorse by Jefie

Whitehorse Travel Guide: 146 reviews and 270 photos

No, it's not Yellowknife! People do tend to mix up the two territories' capitals, but the city I visited and fell in love with was Whitehorse, Yukon. I can totally understand now why my friends Alain and Annie-Claude moved there 6 years ago, but what I can't understand is why it took me so long to visit them! I'd be willing to bet it won't take another 6 years before I go back :o)

Of course, as this was my first time traveling to the Yukon, I wanted to see and do as many things as possible so I didn't end up spending that much time in Whitehorse. However, I did very much enjoy the general vibe given by this small (although it's the Yukon's largest), laidback city. "A sound mind in a sound body" is the image I get when I think of Whitehorse. It's a place where history and culture (especially music) meet the great outdoors, which makes for a rather unique but very interesting blend that goes a long way towards explaining why so many young Canadians end up picking Whitehorse as their hometown the way my friends did. Still not convinced? Then check out my Whitehorse tips, hope you enjoy them!

• Intro Updated Jun 30, 2013

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Nice tips on this faraway place! I'm glad they even have an urban jogging trail and a bookstore. And a grocery store that has everything.

• Jefie's Profile Photo
      Jul 31, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Hey Don, thanks for stopping by! Yes, Whitehorse has everything you'd expect a small Canadian city to have, it almost makes you forget how far you are. Dawson is another story, though...!

• spidermiss's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Great pages on Whitehorse! What's the temperature usually like in the summer?

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Whitehorse

Have you been to Whitehorse?