"Quirky, funky, rainy Seattle!!" Seattle by Jefie

Seattle Travel Guide: 3,147 reviews and 7,645 photos

I guess it would be fair to say we saw Seattle the way it's supposed to be seen: under the rain! But coming for a visit at the end of October like we did, that's what we expected and we were prepared for it. With our rain boots and umbrella (and no, I don't care if it made us look like tourists!), we tackled the streets of Seattle, determined to get a good, wet taste of the city. And we loved it! Which is weird because Seattle is not what I would call a beautiful city, but I think what made the difference was its funky atmosphere and cool, friendly people. Even though it's not an old city, Seattle already has a really interesting history - and after bringing Boeing, Starbucks and Nirvana to the world, who knows what's next for Seattle?!

• Pros:Pike Place Market, the Underground Tour, Fremont...
  • Cons:I wasn't too crazy about Seattle Center
  • In a nutshell:The rain really isn't that bad - it's only there long enough to make you appreciate the sun even more!
  • Last visit to Seattle: Oct 2010
  • Intro Updated Nov 7, 2010

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Me again, coming back to read the rest of your fine Seattle tips. Interesting to read why you were so enthusiastic about the book store but not so enthusiastic about the new library, even if it does have free internet access.

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2010 at 9:00 AM

David was here!

• Dester's Profile Photo
    Nov 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Thanks for reminding me why I loved this great city so much Isa. You did more touring in your trip there than I did in all the months I worked there. I would have to train for months just to keep up with you! Wonderful tip and stories. (and photos)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Isa, I can see why you enjoyed Seattle so much! These are excellent tips & that is quite an amazing array of strange attractions you uncovered. Great way not to let the rain win! Loved your restaurant tips too. It rained on me too, in the early '80s.

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Great start Isa,Ill check back soon,coincidentally a friend just brought me a mug from Seattle with the original logo from Starbucks, all the time Ive spent living and visiting on the Coast Ive never actually stopped in Seattle.Thanks for the little tour!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Seattle

Have you been to Seattle?

Latest Activity in Seattle