Old Orchard Beach Hotel Tips by Jefie Top 5 Page for this destination
Old Orchard Beach Hotels: 2,991 reviews and 9 photos
Saco/Old Orchard Beach KOA (Maine, USA)
This was my second time staying at a KAO Kampground. We had really enjoyed our stay at the one in Halifax and therefore decided to book with them again in Old Orchard Beach. This campground is actually located in the little town of Saco, about 10 minutes away from the beach. It is smaller (and cheaper) than most campgrounds in this area and it is very family-oriented, and therefore very safe and quiet at night. In fact, quiet time at 10:00 pm and they will make sure you respect it, even if they have to call the police (they did once while we were there). So if you're looking to have a good time with friends, I wouldn't necessarily recommend going there, but if you want to have a good night of sleep, then by all means do!
We paid a little extra to rent one of their "premium" sites and it was well worth the money - I'd never seen such a large campsite! All the facilities (restrooms, showers, laundry room) were very clean, there was a small arcade room and a basketball court to keep the kids busy while we were cooking, the general store had a great selection of camping items (although I would recommend getting wood at the grocery store as theirs was a bit expensive), and there was a small restaurant called "The Merry Moose" where you could get pizza at night and blueberry pancakes in the morning, which is great when you don't feel like cooking. Another big plus was that the swimming pool only closed at around 8:00 pm, giving the kids plenty of time to go for a swim before dinner.
All the staff were incredibly friendly, and I've never been so sad to leave a campground after spending 6 nights in a tent. So in a nutshell, if I ever go back to Old Orchard Beach, I'll make sure to stay at the KAO Kampground again!
Unique Qualities: Movie nights were great! The campground is located close to the Aquaboggan waterpark and to Funtown/Splashtown, which is great if you're travelling with kids. There's a trolley that goes to the beach every day, and there's a Hannaford just down the road for groceries and everything else you need for camping.
Address: 814 Portland Road (Route 1)
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: From I95, take Exit 36 down to Route 1 (Exit 2B). You can print out directions from their Website.
Other Contact: email@example.com
More Reviews (11)
- See All A 1,700 pound chocolate moose!
- Why is everybody speaking French?!
- Take the trolley to the beach!
Jefie's Related Pages
Old Orchard Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old Orchard Beach"
- "Maine's Family Vacationland!"
- "Old Orchard Beach"
- "What year is this?"
- "mikorz's new Old Orchard Beach Page"
- "I am a Beachcomber =-)"
- "Sajt's new Old Orchard Beach Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Old Orchard Beach
- Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
- Transportation in Old Orchard Beach
- Nightlife in Old Orchard Beach
- Restaurants in Old Orchard Beach
- Shopping in Old Orchard Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Old Orchard Beach
- See All...
Explore the World
- Dittmer's Gasthof
- Maravilla Resort
- Breezy Point Resort
- Extended Stay America Los Angeles LAX Airport
- Theater Hotel
- Black Walnut Bed and Breakfast Inn
- Iberostar Playa Alameda Hotel Varadero
- Super Hotel Kyoto Karasumagojo
- Parador de Cordoba
- Residence Metropole Opera Paris
- Tatiana Hotel
- Campanile Hotel Delft
- Hotel Helvetia
- Dar R'Mane
Badges & Stats in Old Orchard Beach
- 12 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Old Orchard Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Old Orchard Beach
Photos in Old Orchard BeachSee All Photos (28)
Read real reviews about Old Orchard Beach Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (40)
Latest Old Orchard Beach hotel reviews
- Waves Oceanfront Resort
- 144 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- The Caris Landings By the Sea
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 9, 2013
- Beachwood Motel
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Atlantic Breeze Motel
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 7, 2013
- Alouette Beach Resort
- 229 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- The Edgewater
- 116 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Sea Cliff House And Motel
- 91 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Atlantis Motel
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 7, 2013
- Moontide Motel, Cabins and Apartments
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 6, 2013
- Sea View Motel
- 72 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Best Value Inn Mt. Royal
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Inn at Soho Square
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 26, 2013
- Ocean Walk Hotel
- 107 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 15, 2013
- Grand Victorian
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 19, 2013