"Maine's Family Vacationland!" Top 5 Page for this destination Old Orchard Beach by Jefie

Old Orchard Beach Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 130 photos

Thanks to its location, Old Orchard Beach has always been a popular spot for Quebec families looking to spend some fun and relaxing time at the beach. For some reason, my sister and I never made it to OOB as children so for our fourth annual family camping trip, we decided to bring her two kids, Kevin and Alexandra, to Maine for a week.

Old Orchard Beach turned out to be the perfect destination for a family vacation. Between the amusement parks, aquatic parks and the beach, there were so many activities for kids that we could easily have spent another week there without getting bored... maybe we'll just have to go back next year!

Because this was a family vacation, most of the tips on this page will be about family activities, but I have to admit that my sister and I had just as much fun as Kevin and Alex did - it really is a fun place to go for kids and grown-ups alike :o)

• Pros:Plenty of family activities to choose from
  • Cons:Chances of running into someone from back home are pretty high
  • In a nutshell:Now I understand why families keep going back to OOB year after year!
  • Last visit to Old Orchard Beach: Aug 2007
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2010

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2008 at 3:16 AM

Hi Isa, Thank you for the Birthday wishes, I had a good time. Nice beach getaway, I notice Kevin plays golf left handed. Mike

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Old Orchard Beach

Have you been to Old Orchard Beach?

Latest Activity in Old Orchard Beach