Boston Restaurant Tips by Jefie

Boston Restaurants: 699 reviews and 739 photos

With my mom-in-law at La famiglia Giorgio's - Boston

With my mom-in-law at La famiglia Giorgio's

La Familia Giorgio's: Best quality/price value in the North End La Famiglia Giorgio's Review

This Italian restaurant is mostly popular because it offers huge portions of very good Italian food at a vey reasonable price. Inside, the restaurant is slightly outdated and has more of a family atmosphere than a romantic one. Our waitress was efficient and friendly, and portions were HUGE!! In fact, for an extra $7.50, it's possible to share a plate, something I recommend doing if you don't want to waste good food. Of course, it's also possible to bring home the leftovers, I ordered the linguine pizzaiola and very much enjoyed it, even though there was still plenty left on my plate when I was done. The most expensive item on the dinner menu was only $22 (most pasta plates are around $15), so it truly is one of the best values in the North End, which explains why you'll find people lining up on the sidewalk any day of the week.

Address: 112 Salem Street

Comparison: less expensive than average

Directions: North End

Phone: 617-367-6711

Theme: Italian

Website: http://lafamigliagiorgios.com

• Written Sep 26, 2013
The Cheesecake Factory: yummy, yummy, yummy The Cheesecake Factory Review

Although The Cheesecake Factory isn't unique to Boston, it's still one of my favorites! With its great selection of main courses and desserts, there truly is something for everyone at this restaurant. The great thing about the Prudential Center Cheesecake Factory is that it's huge so even though we were there on a busy Saturday afternoon, we didn't have to wait long to get a table. Service was great, so if you've never been to a Cheesecake Factory before, I highly recommend going to this one!

Favorite Dish: I can't remember which cheesecake I ordered this time around but it was delicious, as always!

Address: 800 Boylston Street

Directions: Prudential Center, in the Back Bay area

Phone: 617.399.7777

Website: http://www.thecheesecakefactory.com

• Updated Jun 2, 2008
Delicious pasta at La Galleria 33 - Boston

Delicious pasta at La Galleria 33

La Galleria 33: Great service and food in the North End La Galleria 33 Review

On our last night in Boston we decided to go to the North End for some good Italian food. We checked out a few places on Hanover Street but they all seemed a bit overpriced so we were afraid of walking into a tourist trap. Instead we decided to go check out some restaurants on Salem Street and found just what we were looking for at La Galleria 33. Most dishes were at least $10 cheaper than what we'd seen on Hanover Street but I'm sure the food was just as good - the menu offered a very interesting selection of pasta, chicken, veal and seafood, and both our dishes were excellent. The restaurant is fairly big so the tables are not too close, and I really enjoyed the chic but casual atmosphere of the place. But the best thing for me about this restaurant was the incredibly warm and friendly service we got, it totally made our night! Our waitress was so nice, when she found out we were from Quebec she did her very best to speak French, and she even gave us a big hug when we left :o)

Favorite Dish: I had the Spaghetti Amatriciana, it was very good and the portion was very, very generous

Address: 125 Salem Street

Website: http://lagalleria33.com

• Written Jun 2, 2008
Having lunch with Sylvain at Charley's Saloon - Boston

Having lunch with Sylvain at Charley's Saloon

Charley's Eating and Drinking Saloon: For a great lunch on Newbury Street Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe - CLOSED Review

As we were walking along Newbury Street, we started looking for a place where we could enjoy a relatively unexpensive lunch on one of the street's sunny sidewalk patios and we found just what we were looking for at Charley's Eating and Drinking Saloon. Service was very friendly, the menu offered a wide selection of well-priced items, and there was a pretty decent wine card too. There didn't seem to be that many tourists around but there was a nice blend of people out for a quick business lunch and friends enjoying a drink or two, which made for a really nice atmosphere. As it was pretty hot that day Sylvain and I both went for different salads and they were both really fresh and tasty... as was the wine!

Favorite Dish: I got the cobb salad and that thing was huge! The blue cheese dressing was delicious.

Address: 284 Newbury Street

Directions: Back Bay area

Phone: 617-266-3000

Website: http://www.corpcatering.com/menus/charleys_menu.html

• Written Jun 2, 2008
Benjamin, Annie-Claude & Alain having a good time - Boston

Benjamin, Annie-Claude & Alain having a good time

Cheers - Faneuil Hall & Marketplace: Where everybody knows your name... Bull & Finch Pub (Cheers) Review

I know, I know, soooo touristy, but I simply couldn't go to Boston without having a pint at Cheers! We actually went to Cheers for dinner and I was very pleased with what was on the menu - we ordered a rather large selection of Sam's starters and weren't disappointed. The sandwiches (Frazier's favorites!) and burgers were also quite good and our bill wasn't too enormous so I was glad to see that although this is a popular tourist spot, they don't take advantage of their reputation to rip you off - you'll actually get a pretty good meal, and don't forget to order a pint of Sam Adams to wash it down!

Directions: Quincy Market area

Phone: 617-227-0150

Website: http://www.cheersboston.com

• Written Dec 5, 2005

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Boston