"A week on the Riviera Maya" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Quintana Roo by Jefie

Estado de Quintana Roo Travel Guide: 4,825 reviews and 11,412 photos

This was my first attempt at spending a week at an all-inclusive resort and I have to say that the Riviera Maya was the best place to do it! There are so many things to do in that area that I sure did not have time to get bored - I didn't even have time to read one of the four books I had brought with me! I fell in love with the history and culture of the Mayan people, which I became acquainted with by visiting a Mayan village and the ruins of Tulum and Coba, and thoroughly enjoyed all the outdoor activities that were offered, especially my very first snorkeling experience. A really great destination down south!

• Pros:Great weather, and so many things to see and do!
  • Cons:Driving up and down the highway is a bit scary
  • In a nutshell:Much, much more than the sun and the beach!
  • Last visit to Estado de Quintana Roo: Dec 2006
  • Intro Written Dec 10, 2006

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Nice page Isa!

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2009 at 6:12 AM

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PHOTO... I liked your page here with good photos and info. best wishes from Istanbul. Bora

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM

Excellent Tulum pics and great tips! How are you, Isa? When's your next trip? jumpingnorman :)

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2008 at 5:58 AM

Frio cerveza, two of my favorite words in espanol. :) And, just a note... compared to Ecuadoran drivers, Mexican drivers are little old ladies. :) Fun page, we visited Cancun a lonnnnnng time ago, before it was popular with the spring breakers.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2007 at 1:38 PM

Great photos!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 6:51 AM

Very nice writeup of things to do in the Mayan Riviera, esp. liked the Mayan Village tip. We go back here every year, what a great place to relax for a few days!

• bomobob's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2007 at 9:37 AM

What superb tips and photos. A wonderful resource.

• Dester's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Awesome pages Isa! You have a talent for bringing a travelogue to life, just like being there

• Joseph69's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Some lovely photos! You're so lucky you are so close to all of this!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Estado de Quintana Roo

Have you been to Estado de Quintana Roo?