"Beautiful Prince Edward Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Prince Edward Island by Jefie

Prince Edward Island Travel Guide: 350 reviews and 632 photos

Each year, over 1 million visitors drive across the Confederation Bridge to spend some memorable time in Prince Edward Island, Canada's smallest province. As it always seems to be the case on an island, life in P.E.I. runs at a different pace, one that is perfect for vacations!

In August 2005, my sister, nephew, niece and I embarked on our second family camping trip, and P.E.I. turned out to be a great family destination. While grown-ups travel from all over the world to visit the land of Lucy Maud Montgomery, the Island is also full of fun attractions for the young ones. So pick up that old copy of Anne of Green Gables and start dreaming about your next trip to Prince Edward Island!

Go to this Website to order a free P.E.I. visitor's guide:

• Pros:A great variety of attractions to choose from
  • Cons:None that I can think of, as long as you're not looking for big city attractions
  • In a nutshell:See Anne of Green Gables come to life before your eyes!
  • Last visit to Prince Edward Island: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 29, 2010

• taigaa001's Profile Photo
    Yesterday

It is also known for the home to Anne of Green Gables fans. Japanese people love Anne series and Hayao Miyazaki was part of TV animation series of Anne of Green Gables in 1979.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Fine tips about this charming little province! As a non-Canadian, I must admit that I have never read "Anne of Green Gables" and have heard about it only from other people's VT pages on P.E.I. -- I think this is the first VT page to mention Bumber Boats.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 6:02 AM

Nice pages Isa

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Lots of interesting tips on this page which I really enjoyed reading. Didn't know about Anne of Green Gables being there. We also have a miniature English village called Cockington green in Canberra, Aus which I loved.

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2009 at 1:11 PM

We are heading up to the Maritimes in September, so I'm looking over everyone's pages. Very good look at PEI, Jefie. :) How are you doing these days?

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Isa, thanks for bringing back dim memories of my visits to PEI in the early 1970s as we treated our children to many of your described delights! Your tips and photos are a real tour-de-force!!

• Jul 13, 2008 at 5:49 AM

My folks are originally from Charlottetown, so I spent numerous summers as a child on Prince Edward Island. Thanks, Isa, for taking me for a stroll down memory lane.

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 5:47 AM

Hee hee - if it'd been me I would've taken photos of the bathrooms at Gov't House in Charlottetown!! ;) Just finished reading Anne of Green Gables today and had to rush off to VT to read up on it and see photos of the place. Yours are wonderful!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2008 at 2:34 AM

Nice island indeed!

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Thank you for the possibility of browsing through the location of my childhood's hero! I enjoyed the tour very much!

Jefie Visits Here Frequently!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Prince Edward Island

Have you been to Prince Edward Island?

Latest Activity in Prince Edward Island