"Biking my way through Quebec one road at a time!" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Quebec by Jefie

Province of Quebec Travel Guide: 6,678 reviews and 15,080 photos

Anyone who's seen my bike will tell you - I'm not a professional cyclist by any means! I'm not even sure I qualify as an amateur one :op However, me and my cheap, colourful bike went on quite a few expeditions last summer, and I found out this was an amazing way of discovering the Quebec City region. These short trips took me through villages I'd never seen before because they're located off the highway and I was both surprised and delighted to see how much there was to discover when you trade your car for a bike for few days. Perhaps the following tips will make you want to do the same next time you happen to be in my neck of the woods!

As some of you might already know, I've recently been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. However, I have no intention of letting that disease stop me from adding to these pages next summer - I even plan on using this goal as the little push I need to make it to the gym every day! And for those interested, here's a link to the website I've been using to plan most of my trips: http://www.pistescyclables.ca.

• Last visit to Province of Quebec: Sep 2012
  • Intro Updated Jan 2, 2013

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Me again, coming back to look at the updates and new tips that you have added here since September 1. All of us are rooting for you in your fight against multiple sclerosis!

Sep 16, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Thanks Don! I truly appreciate your visit and your kind support :o)

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:22 PM

It sounds like you have again been having some great bicycle trips around Quebec this summer. I'll be back soon to read the rest of the tips that are still under construction.

Sep 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I sure have! And it's a good thing I did when I had the chance because I'm expecting to go back to the hospital soon for more treatments. But I managed to complete my tips first, so come have a look at what you may have missed when you have time :o)

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2013 at 2:00 PM

I was a bit surprised by the manor houses. Weather looks like it was perfect for biking. Just out of curiosity, in Quebec is it mandatory to wear helmets and knee pads and all that? I enjoyed Charlevoix as well, would love to see it in greater detail. Merci

Sep 1, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I'm glad it's not mandatory! Although I wear a helmet myself (because of my advanced age) I am very much against mandatory helmet laws because they discourage people from cycling. The damage caused by not cycling is much worse than any slight gain in safety that a helmet might bring.
      cyclehelmets.org/mf.html?113...

Sep 3, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Interesting facts! i think too many people tend to feel invincible when they're wearing a helmet. I'd rather be more cautious and go on riding with my hair in the wind :o)

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Great new tips on your bicycle tours from last summer. You seem to have had fantastic weather. Beautiful landscapes, too.

Jefie Used To Live Here!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Province of Quebec

Have you been to Province of Quebec?

Videos in Province of Quebec