"Charming medieval/college city in Surrey" Top 5 Page for this destination Guildford by Jefie
Guildford Travel Guide: 71 reviews and 171 photos
When my friend Sylvia and I started making plans to spend a week touring around southern England, she suggested staying in Guildford, and it turned out to be a great idea! The history of Guildford dates back to the 10th century - back then it was a small Saxon village, which gradually turned into a town, complete with its own castle built after the Norman invasion.
Today, Guildford is a small college city with a big town feel. It is located at a very convenient distance from London (about 40 minutes by train) and its busy railway station makes it a great (and relatively cheap) place to stay when you are visiting southern England. I would definitely think about staying in Guildford again next time I'm in England!
On a warm sunny day it seems the thing to do in Guildford is to go shopping on High Street. I must admit that even... more travel advice
Reverend Charles Dodgson, a.k.a. Lewis Carroll, the author of children's classic "Alice’s Adventures In Wonderland",... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Guildford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Guilfest - Annual Music Festival in Stoke Park"
- "Charming medieval/college city in Surrey"
- "The Golden Ford"
- "My Home Town!"
- "Hiking on the North Downs"
- "Lively & pretty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guildford
- Hotels in Guildford
- Transportation in Guildford
- Nightlife in Guildford
- Restaurants in Guildford
- Shopping in Guildford
- Warnings and Dangers in Guildford
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guildford
- 8 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Guildford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guildford
- Posted in Travel Halifax Forum "Re: Reccommend a plce to visit "
- Commented on one of barryg23's Guildford travel pages
- updated a Guildford Travel Page "Charming medieval/college city in Surrey"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Go for a walk on the countryside"
- Wrote a Review One of Guildford's main attractions... in Guildford Shopping
Photos in GuildfordSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos