"My first trip to Ireland!" Dublin by Jefie
Dublin Travel Guide: 5,412 reviews and 10,315 photos
Cead Mile Failte, a hundred thousand welcomes to Baile Atha Cliath!!
When I first started telling people I was going to Dublin for a week, the same two questions generally came up: "Do you have family there?", and just a plain old "Why??". The answer to the first is no, as far as I know my red hair doesn't have anything to do with Ireland; as for the second question, I found it a bit hard to answer given that for as long as I can remember, I've simply always been fascinated with Ireland: its music, history, literature and culture... everything about it made me want to put it at the very top of my travel wishlist.
Because I'd been wanting to go for so long, I was half afraid I'd be disappointed, that Dublin couldn't possibly be as interesting a city as my imagination made it out to be - but I was so far from being disappointed! We spent an amazing week touring around Dublin, visiting its museums and historical sites, discussing what we had learned over a pint while waiting for the next set of music to begin. Of course, it only left me wanting to discover more of the country, which I hope I shall be able to do soon. In the mean time, here are some tips that I hope will be useful to those preparing a trip to this wonderful city!
- Pros:The combination of music, beer, history & culture
- Cons:The weather is... interesting to deal with!
- In a nutshell:A great introduction to Ireland!
We spent our last afternoon in Ireland in the lovely coastal town of Howth (rhymes with "both"). A bit like Malahide,... more travel advice
I'm a huge fan of haunted walks and I've gone on several of them, mostly in Canada and in the US. As I was planning my... more travel advice
- It's not a myth - bring a raincoat or an...
- Dublin's biggest independent bookstore
- Temple Bar Book Market
- See All Have a pint at Dublin's oldest pub!
Jefie's Related Pages
Dublin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ultra Trendy Capital City"
- "AT LAST I MADE IT TO DUBLIN"
- "Great place - but not the real Ireland"
- "Dublin - The Windy City!!"
- "My first trip to Ireland!"
- "Dirty old town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dublin
- Hotels in Dublin
- Transportation in Dublin
- Nightlife in Dublin
- Restaurants in Dublin
- Shopping in Dublin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dublin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dublin
- 51 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (60)
Have you been to Dublin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dublin
- updated a Dublin Travel Page "My first trip to Ireland!"
- Posted in Travel Gaspé Forum "Re: Nice town to stay overnight..."
- Commented on one of Jefie's Dublin travel pages
- Wrote a Review Another great daytrip destination! about Howth in Dublin Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Another great daytrip destination!"
Photos in DublinSee All Photos (148)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos