"A great daytrip from Dublin!" Top 5 Page for this destination Howth by Jefie
Howth Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 587 photos
Howth is a lovely coastal town located just a short train ride away from Dublin. Like all surburban towns, the population of Howth has been increasing steadily over the past few decades, but for the most part you still get that small fishing town atmosphere. There are plenty of opportunities for enjoying the great outdoors, which makes it the perfect daytrip destination on a sunny day!
We only spent an afternoon in Howth, so at first I thought I would only write an "Off the beaten path" tip about it on my Dublin page. But as I started going through my pictures and memories, I realized there was no way I could squeeze all of it into just one tip - Howth clearly deserves its very own travel page :o)
- In a nutshell:History and beautiful scenery within your feet's reach!
St. Mary's Church is located near the entrance to the grounds of Howth Castle. A first church was built on this site in... more travel advice
Howth Castle is located just a short walk away from the train station. It is the ancestral home of the St. Lawrence... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Howth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Howth - 'The finest view west of Naples'"
- "Howth and Malahide: Great Dublin Day Trips"
- "Howth IS Magic!"
- "A great daytrip from Dublin!"
- "Just 30 minutes from Dublin..."
- "Beauty awaits ... just 30 minutes outside Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Howth
- Hotels in Howth
- Transportation in Howth
- Nightlife in Howth
- Restaurants in Howth
- Shopping in Howth
- Warnings and Dangers in Howth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Howth
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (53)
Have you been to Howth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Howth
- Posted in Travel Quebec Forum "Re: How is the night life in the..."
- Commented on one of Dabs's Howth travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't miss the rhododendron gardens!"
- Wrote a Review The new (and definitive?) St. Mary's Church about St. Mary’s Church in Howth Things to Do
- updated a Howth Travel Page "A great daytrip from Dublin!"
Photos in HowthSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos