"A great daytrip from Dublin!" Top 5 Page for this destination Howth by Jefie

Howth Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 587 photos

Howth is a lovely coastal town located just a short train ride away from Dublin. Like all surburban towns, the population of Howth has been increasing steadily over the past few decades, but for the most part you still get that small fishing town atmosphere. There are plenty of opportunities for enjoying the great outdoors, which makes it the perfect daytrip destination on a sunny day!

We only spent an afternoon in Howth, so at first I thought I would only write an "Off the beaten path" tip about it on my Dublin page. But as I started going through my pictures and memories, I realized there was no way I could squeeze all of it into just one tip - Howth clearly deserves its very own travel page :o)

• In a nutshell:History and beautiful scenery within your feet's reach!
  • Last visit to Howth: May 2009
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2009

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Nice tips and photos! This looks like a great place for hiking and bird-watching. (And history.) I never would have guessed that Howth rhymes with both.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM

I also visited Howth from Dublin and enjoyed it very much. I would have loved to see the rhododendron in bloom, but I visited in February. Great tips Isa!

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2009 at 8:52 PM

I don't know how I missed your Howth page before I left. Lovely writeup of your day there, glad one of us got to see the rhododendrons!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2009 at 6:44 AM

Hi Isa, looks like you had a great day in Howth. For a while I thought you might get trapped in the pub.

• Jun 30, 2009 at 5:24 AM

Seeing the ruins of Howth Abbey brought me back to my childhood, when my pops and auntie took my sister and I here on a weekend excursion from Belfast. I'm glad to see that you made it here as well.

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Howth