"Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!" Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid by Jefie
Madrid Travel Guide: 5,411 reviews and 11,063 photos
In April 2008, I went on my first (notice the use of the word "first?!) Spanish-language immersion and spent 3 weeks in the capital of Spain. I knew very little about Madrid before I got there, but I don't think I could have picked a better spot for this first-time experience: the people of Madrid in general, and VT members in particular, were so incredibly kind, everybody seemed ready to help me make the most of my time in the city. I also got incredibly lucky with my Spanish host family: Monica, Arturo and their children Natalia, Maria and Arturito are some of the best people I've ever had a chance to meet - they truly made me feel like I was and will forever be part of the family :o)
During my stay, I learned a lot about the history and culture of Spain, yet I still find it hard to describe Madrid in just a few words. Warm & welcoming, busy & lively... it truly is a city that begs to be discovered. One thing is for sure, between my language courses and the museums, parks, tapas bars and day-trips, time just flew by! And I hope the following tips will help you plan your own adventures in Madrid or bring back some good memories if you've already been there. Enjoy!
- Pros:Very easy to get around, friendly people, arts and culture all around!
- Cons:Not the cleanest city I've ever seen
- In a nutshell:The heart of Spain!
I decided to spend my very last day in Spain in the beautiful city of Segovia, and it turned out to be one of the best... more travel advice
The beautiful historic city of Toledo is one of the most popular daytrip destinations for people visiting Madrid. It's... more travel advice
- See All Madrid's "Fifth Avenue"
- See All Plaza del 2 de Mayo
- See All Eating in Madrid
- Don't be too concerned!
Jefie's Related Pages
Madrid Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "¡Bienvenido a Madrid!/Welcome to Madrid!"
- "Madrid is where I live"
- "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
- "Home is where you're always from"
- "WONDERFUL MADRID"
- "As we say in Andalucia, Madri"
- "Hablemos de Madrid (Let's talk about Madrid)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madrid
- Hotels in Madrid
- Transportation in Madrid
- Nightlife in Madrid
- Restaurants in Madrid
- Shopping in Madrid
- Warnings and Dangers in Madrid
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madrid
- 66 Reviews
- 160 Photos
- 19 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Madrid?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madrid
- Posted in Travel Tadoussac Forum "Re: Catholic church"
- Commented on one of ter1413's Madrid travel pages
- Wrote a Review The day I fell in love with Segovia about Daytrips in Madrid Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Discover Alcala de Henares!"
- updated a Madrid Travel Page "Madrid: My home for 3 fantastic weeks!"
Photos in MadridSee All Photos (160)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos