"Segovia la Encantadora!" Top 5 Page for this destination Segovia by Jefie

Segovia Travel Guide: 366 reviews and 898 photos

I went on five different daytrips during my stay in Madrid, and Segovia turned out to be my favorite destination by far! First of all, it might have something to do with my wonderful travelmate Cecile (CesVT), with whom I got to spend my last weekend in Spain. Early on a Saturday morning, we met up in the Barrio de Las Letras, just a few hours after all the bars had closed. Walking through the deserted streets that still bore witness to the previous night's revelries was sort of an eerie feeling, and it set the tone for the day because Segovia is nothing short of magical!

Segovia is a beautiful historic city, which welcomes its visitors with a charming, laidback atmosphere. Every street looks inviting, and every terrace seems worthy of stopping by for yet another drink. So if you feel like taking a break from the hectic pace of Madrid, Segovia definitely is the place to go - the only problem is, you might not ever want to leave!

• Pros:The history and architecture, the quiet pace of life
  • Cons:Having to leave at the end of the day
  • In a nutshell:The perfect place to spend my last day in Spain!
  • Last visit to Segovia: Apr 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 10, 2008

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

You did a great job for a daytrip. I got to Segovia on the first sunny day in a few weeks, and everyone came out and was in this amazingly great mood:) Loved Segovia!

• Jefie's Profile Photo
      Mar 2, 2013 at 4:04 AM

Moments like the one you describe make the best trip memories! Thanks for stopping by :o)

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2011 at 4:05 AM

Great page. Very helpful.

Irene

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM

Fine tips and photos from your last day in Spain!

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2010 at 6:47 AM

What a lovely page, thanks for sharing!How very interesting about the roof tiles....

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Loved this page! The Aqueduct's always amaze me too, so old, and so high! The Cathedral looks fantastic as does the views on the bus journey. Enjoyed your photo's too!

• Aug 17, 2009 at 4:56 AM

Spain is in my travel plans, also is my love country in Europe. Nice job about Segovia and great picture from The Cathedral of Segovia!

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Hi Isa, Nice tips & photos, looking at your meal of ham & artichokes made me hungry. Have a great holiday in Belize.

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Nov 18, 2008 at 5:46 AM

An excellent review of what is one of my favoured towns in Castille.

• CesVT's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2008 at 2:52 AM

OOOhhh, MERCIIIIIII ma belle pour ces si gentils mots!! :-) Que de merveilleux souvenirs ici!! Je commence à peine à mettre à jour mes pages, mais tu figures dans mon album 'VT friends I met' sur ma HP (à l'Alcazar!). Bisous & bon voyage!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Greetings from Scotland!

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Segovia

Have you been to Segovia?

Latest Activity in Segovia