"Fiesole: The Perfect Getaway" Top 5 Page for this destination Fiesole by Jefie

Fiesole Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 148 photos

Fiesole is a charming little town located about 8 km away from Florence. Early one afternoon, after having spent a few hours walking around Florence, we decided to follow the advice VTer leics had given me and we took a bus to Fiesole. As we started making our way up the hill towards the village, we were immediately greeted by magnificent views and I could only imagine what it would be like once we got to the top of the hill - and I was not disappointed! Florence looks amazing seen from the hills of Fiesole, as does the surrounding countryside. But there's more to do in Fiesole than just admire the view: this Etruscan village dating back to the 9th century B.C. is home to a great archeological museum, a cathedral, a monastery, several little churches, a few really nice parks and a lovely piazza. It truly is the perfect little getaway!

• Pros:Quiet, romantic, beautiful views
  • Cons:It's all up hill so make sure to bring those walking shoes!
  • In a nutshell:It's all just a quick bus ride away from Florence!
  • Last visit to Fiesole: Jun 2010
  • Intro Updated Jul 1, 2010

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2013 at 4:21 PM

Nice page Isa, I am certain it must be the hill we were taken to when we visited Florence 2005. They took us to a hill for the view back to the city. I must check out my page.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Nice page Isa. I visited Fiesole looong ago.

Ciao!

• breughel's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Hello Isa, We heard about Fiesole but did not get there. Pleased to discover through your tips.

• Mikebb's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2010 at 2:53 AM

The View is excellent, you were lucky to take the bus ride, and the fare so cheap.

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Badges & Stats in Fiesole

Have you been to Fiesole?