"The incomparable beauty of Venice" Venice by Jefie
Venice Travel Guide: 8,266 reviews and 21,943 photos
I guess Venice needs no introduction, for who hasn't heard all about this Italian city built on water, with its hundreds of bridges, canals and gondolas? But no matter how many pictures I'd seen, or how much stories I'd heard, nothing could prepare me for the kind of beauty that was waiting for me in Venice - it was love at first sight! The minute I stepped out of the bus and took my first look at the colourful buildings surrounded by water, it gave me the impression I was walking around a movie set because it all seemed too perfectly beautiful to be true!
We spent a little over five days in Venice and instead of getting used to its special kind of beauty, the feeling only increased as we ventured further and further into the city, moving away from Piazza San Marco to discover those quiet, almost deserted streets. Many people will tell you that Venice is small and that you only need 2-3 days to visit the city, but in my case, I wish we could have spent even more time there because it truly is the kind of place you want to get lost into. I've no idea if my little travel page will do the city any kind of justice but in any case, my advice if you haven't already been there would be not to take my word for it - go and see for yourself, you won't regret it!
- Pros:The amazing architecture and the serenity of the city
- Cons:The price they charge for a gondola ride!
- In a nutshell:The most beautiful city I've ever seen
When you visit historic cities like Venice, you have to expect that there will be some restoration work going on, but I... more travel advice
When we reached the island of Burano on our cruise of the lagoon, we saw that there already was a boat parked at the... more travel advice
- See All A rather unique example of Venitian...
- The joys of living without cars!
- From low to high-end shopping
- See All Walking around Piazza San Marco at high...
Jefie's Related Pages
Venice Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wandering around Venice with Suvanki"
- "Amore eterno per Venezia la Serenissima :-)"
- "Venice – the City of Art"
- "Vacations in Venice"
- "MERAVIGLIOSA VENEZIA"
- "Giacomo CASANOVA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Venice
- Hotels in Venice
- Transportation in Venice
- Nightlife in Venice
- Restaurants in Venice
- Shopping in Venice
- Warnings and Dangers in Venice
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Venice
- 59 Reviews
- 178 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Venice?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Venice
- Posted in Travel Tadoussac Forum "Re: Catholic church"
- Commented on one of Jefie's Venice travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Murano, the island of glass"
- Wrote a Review Year-round restoration work in Venice in Venice Tourist Traps
- Uploaded a Video to Venice
- updated a Venice Travel Page "The incomparable beauty of Venice"
Photos in VeniceSee All Photos (178)
Videos in VeniceSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos