"The faded beauty of Havana" Top 5 Page for this destination Havana by Jefie
Havana Travel Guide: 1,586 reviews and 3,604 photos
Dating back to the early 16th century, Havana is the kind of city where history oozes from every street and building, from every church and plaza. A city marked by numerous revolutions, Havana has seen its fair share of heroes rise and fall - from the Spanish governors to the American mafia, from Jose Marti to Che Guevara, and from the Bay of Pigs invasion to the missil crisis, the history of Havana leaves no one indifferent, and neither does its culture - anyone who's ever listened to the Buena Vista Social Club can't help but dream of visiting this island where warm voices and rythms are only matched by the sound of the waves crashing on the Malecon.
And so it was that Sylvain and I decided to spend a week in Havana in January 2006, our very first time traveling together outside of Canada and tue US. It was an eventful week, to say the least, complete with a trip to the hospital and police station (!), but what we'll remember the most is the amazing food, warm atmosphere and the nice people we met: thanks to VT, we met with Victor and Lys, two very precious friends whom we hope to see again very soon.
I sincerely hope the following tips will help people discover the capital of Cuba and perhaps help some of you make the most of your trip to La Habana. Enjoy!
OK, we all know that Cubans are crazy about baseball (probably the same way Canadians are crazy about hockey), but it... more travel advice
If you have seen the movie Buena Vista Social Club, you surely remember the waves crashing down on the Malecon in the... more travel advice
Jefie's Related Pages
Havana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to HAVANA !!!! ;)"
- "Habana - La ciudad de las columnas"
- "Felt like going back in time..."
- "Balcon al Caribe"
- "The faded beauty of Havana"
- "CITY OF MY LIFE"
- "LA HABANA VIEJA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Havana
- Hotels in Havana
- Transportation in Havana
- Nightlife in Havana
- Restaurants in Havana
- Shopping in Havana
- Warnings and Dangers in Havana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Havana
- 33 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Havana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Havana
- Posted in Travel Vancouver Forum "Re: Rent a car necessary"
- updated a Havana Travel Page "The faded beauty of Havana"
- Commented on one of Kindra's Havana travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great deal, great Creole food!"
- Wrote a Review The best pizza in Havana (as far as I know...) in Havana Restaurants
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos
- Paris Intro, 60 reviews, 168 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Madrid Intro, 66 reviews, 160 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dublin Intro, 51 reviews, 148 photos