"Something different under the sun!" Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker by Jefie
Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 483 reviews and 952 photos
Caye Caulker is a tiny island located off the coast of Belize, Central America, in the beautiful Caribbean Sea. It is perhaps not as well known as other "sun" destinations for the main reason that people who do discover it tend to keep it a secret so as not to increase its ever-growing popularity! For my part, it was my third time traveling to a sun destination: I had previously been to Havana, Cuba and to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico, so Caye Caulker turned out to be a whole different experience. There are no cars on the island - let alone big resorts - so traveling to Caye Caulker truly lets you experience the quiet pace of life on a Caribbean island. After a few days, you'll notice that "Go Slow" no longer is just the island's motto, it's a state of mind!!
The island is about 5 miles long by 1 mile wide, and has a population of about 1,500 people. Tourism is Caye Caulker's main industry, and although it is slightly more expensive than most other destinations in Central America, you truly get your money's worth in terms of food, accommodations and activities. It is mostly known as a backpackers' paradise, and as such it attracts a fairly young crowd of visitors from all over the world who spend a few days on the island before moving on to another destination. Seeing them leave after 2-3 days, I couldn't help but feel incredibly lucky to be able to spend 10 whole days on the island to discover its attractions and friendly inhabitants, and I can only hope the following tips will do justice to this little piece of paradise on earth!
- Pros:Plenty of activities to choose from but very relaxing at the same time
- Cons:More expensive than most places in Central America
- In a nutshell:UnBelizeable!!
If you're looking for something different to do in the evening, you can always catch a movie at Caye Caulker's one and... more travel advice
The Bamboo Grill is a pretty popular pub in Caye Caulker, but I can't say I'd recommend having dinner there (the food is... more travel advice
- See All For freshly baked bread, buns and more!
- See All Fresh fish on the pier
- See All Can't catch a tarpon? Go feed one!
- See All Caribbean luxury on Caye Caulker
Jefie's Related Pages
Caye Caulker Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Something different under the sun!"
- "Caye Caulker - Ya Betta Belize It!"
- "I Miss Caye Caulker Already"
- "RELAXING IN PARADISE"
- "Caye Caulker"
- "Laid Back"
- "Laid back and life-changing: Caye Caulker"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caye Caulker
- Hotels in Caye Caulker
- Transportation in Caye Caulker
- Nightlife in Caye Caulker
- Restaurants in Caye Caulker
- Shopping in Caye Caulker
- Warnings and Dangers in Caye Caulker
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker
- 53 Reviews
- 188 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Caye Caulker?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caye Caulker
- Posted in Travel San Juan Forum "Re: Hi plz what can me or my..."
- Wrote a Review Movies under the stars! in Caye Caulker Nightlife
- Uploaded a Photo to "Possibly the best bar in Caye Caulker"
- Uploaded a Video to Caye Caulker
- created a Caye Caulker Travelogue "Cave tubing in Belize (rock formations)"
- Commented on one of Assenczo's Caye Caulker travel pages
Photos in Caye CaulkerSee All Photos (188)
Videos in Caye CaulkerSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 60 reviews, 243 photos
- Vienna Intro, 69 reviews, 218 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quebec Intro, 97 reviews, 190 photos
- New York City Intro, 74 reviews, 211 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pays de la Loire Intro, 61 reviews, 218 photos
- Paris Intro, 71 reviews, 195 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 53 reviews, 188 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 59 reviews, 178 photos
- Prague Intro, 53 reviews, 183 photos
- Budapest Intro, 56 reviews, 178 photos