"9 years, 16 countries, and oh-so many friends!!" Jefie's Profile

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Ciao!!

My name is Isa and I'm a Canadian/Quebecoise with a passion for literature, history, languages (I speak English, French, some Spanish and a little bit of Italian), and traveling of course! I live in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, where I work as a bilingual editor for government publications. I enjoy traveling on my own or with friends and family, but my absolute best travel buddy is none other than my husband Sylvain - he's basically the only one who can keep up with me!

I first stumbled across VT as I was doing research for a family camping trip. A search engine took me to the VT Travel Forum, I read the guidelines, took a quick look around, and immediately thought this was the perfect Website for me! I've been a member for over 8 years now and I've enjoyed building and browsing through other members' travel pages, but most of all I've had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people (you know who you are!) thanks to VT.

I've always loved traveling, but since I joined VT, this passion has turned into an obsession! I like to post information about my latest trips on my homepage, but feel free to click on my travel map to browse through my travel pages. As for what's coming up next, my mindset is the same as ever, meaning that I've got quite a few projects in mind, and while some will hopefully get done, some will inevitably get postponed. I plan on seeing most of the world anyways so it doesn't really matter in which order I do it. Just go with the flow and keep your mind open to new adventures!

Learning to live with multiple sclerrosis

As some of you already know, I've struggled with health problems lately. At first, the doctors were not exactly sure what was wrong with me - they thought I might have caught a virus - but I finally got a clear diagnosis in September 2013: it's Multiple Sclerrosis. I'm doing relatively well, all things considered, and although it's hard to tell what the future holds for me, I have high hopes that in due course the treatments will help me get back to a normal life. So I may not be as active on VT as I was in the past because I do have other priorities at the moment, but I'll do my best to keep on creating travel pages, to answer Forum questions and, most importantly, to keep in touch with my VT friends, many of whom have been extremely supportive over the past year. A big thank you to everyone and happy travels!

Loire Valley, France (June 2014)

I have to admit that getting diagnosed with multiple sclerrosis kind of sparked a feeling of urgency. The treatment they've got me on really seems to be working, but there's no guarantee I'll be able to stay on it in the long run so I intend to make the most of however long I remain on my two feet :o) And that's how we decided that our next big trip would be a cycling trip in France's Loire Valley. We plan on biking our way from Blois to Saumur, stopping every now and then to visit the valley's amazing castles. The trip will end with a lovely weekend in Paris, I just can't wait!

Stowe, VT (January 2014)

I had another MS relapse at the beginning of the year so we had no choice but to cancel the 2-week vacation to Florida we had originally planned and look for a more simple option. That's when the idea of going on a skiing trip in the northeastern US came up and, after doing some research online, we ended up spending a really nice long weekend in the winter wonderland that is the incredibly charming village of Stowe, Vermont. It was definitely colder that our previous trip option, but perhaps even cooler!

San Diego, CA (October 2013)

We've had to cancel most of our holidays over the past year because I was in and out of the hospital. Now that the dust is settling, Sylvain and I thought going away for a week would do us a lot of good. The only time we could get off together was at the end of October, so when I started thinking about quick getaway destinations where we could enjoy nice weather, San Diego came to mind. I didn't know much about the city other than it had a zoo and good Mexican food, but our trip ended up being filled with fun things to do from beginning to end. Make sure to look up my travel page to see how we spent our week in sunny San Diego!

Yukon & Alaska (June 2013)

Unless you count a couple trips to the hospital (!), I wasn't able to get out much over the past few months but I'm finally feeling well enough to travel once more, and I couldn't imagine a better way to celebrate this than by visiting my friends Alain and Annie-Claude in the Yukon! We spent 10 amazing days touring around Whitehorse, Dawson City, Haines and Skagway , Alaska. These were my first - but definitely not my last - northern adventures, and I loved every minute of it!

Varadero, Cuba (September 2012)

One of the reasons why I haven't been very active on VT lately is actually because I haven't been traveling all that much. However, I did recently get to go on a rather fantastic week-long holiday with my friend Caroline! When we both decided to take a well-deserved break from work and find a spot for a relaxing but fun vacation, we almost immediately thought about going to Varadero. There are always plenty of good deals and direct flights available from Quebec City to this popular Cuban resort town, and since all we wanted to do was lie on the beach during the day and go out dancing at night, Varadero seemed like a pretty good choice - as it turns out, I don't think we could have picked a better spot! We had such an amazing time in Cuba, I think this trip may have been the beginning of a really great tradition :o)

Costa Rica (February 2012)

After years of dreaming about it, looking at brochures and then changing my mind at the last second, I finally made it to Costa Rica!! To make the most of our little adventure, we decided to join an ecotour, which we were both excited and nervous about since we'd never been on an organized tour before. In the end, we had the chance to travel with a fantastic guide and a really fun group of people, and it turned out to be a really good way of discovering some of the natural wonders of Costa Rica and getting the inside scoop on life in the country. I'll do my best to share what I've learned and discovered on my Costa Rica travel page!

• Intro Updated Mar 16, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Jefie's Profile Photo

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Real Name