"Celebrating 10 years of travels and friendships!!" Jefie's Profile

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Ciao!!

My name is Isa and I'm a Canadian/Quebecoise with a passion for literature, history, languages (I speak English, French, some Spanish and a little bit of Italian), and traveling of course! I live in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, where I work as a bilingual editor for government publications. I enjoy traveling on my own or with friends and family, but my absolute best travel buddy is none other than my husband Sylvain - he's basically the only one who can keep up with me!

I first stumbled across VT as I was doing research for a family camping trip. A search engine took me to the VT Travel Forum, I read the guidelines, took a quick look around, and immediately thought this was the perfect Website for me! I've been a member for over 10 years now and I've enjoyed building and browsing through other members' travel pages, but most of all I've had the pleasure of meeting some amazing people (you know who you are!) thanks to VT.

I've always loved traveling, but since I joined VT, this passion has turned into an obsession! I like to post information about my latest trips on my homepage, but feel free to click on my travel map to browse through my travel pages. As for what's coming up next, my mindset is the same as ever, meaning that I've got quite a few projects in mind, and while some will hopefully get done, some will inevitably get postponed. I plan on seeing most of the world anyways so it doesn't really matter in which order I do it. Just go with the flow and keep your mind open to new adventures!

Learning to live with multiple sclerrosis

As some of you already know, I've struggled with health problems lately. At first, the doctors were not exactly sure what was wrong with me - they thought I might have caught a virus - but I finally got a clear diagnosis in September 2013: it's Multiple Sclerrosis. I'm doing relatively well, all things considered, and although it's hard to tell what the future holds for me, I have high hopes that in due course the treatments will help me get back to a normal life. So I may not be as active on VT as I was in the past because I do have other priorities at the moment, but I'll do my best to keep on creating travel pages, to answer Forum questions and, most importantly, to keep in touch with my VT friends, many of whom have been extremely supportive over the past year. A big thank you to everyone and happy travels!

Inca trail, Peru (May 2015)

Just as we're about to leave for Mexico, we finalized our plans to hike the Inca trail in May :o) I've been haboring this dream for a long time and, for the same reason that we went on our cycling trip in the Loire Valley last year, being diagnosed with MS turned out to be the perfect motivation to see Macchu Pichu sooner rather than later. We are going on what I would call an all-inclusive camping trip :o) Before and after our 4-day hike on the Inca trail, we'll also get the chance to tour around the city of Cuzco, the ancient Inca capital. I'm so excited that I'll get to see the best of the Maya and Inca civilizations, all within a few months!

Merida, Mexico (February 2014)

Over 8 years after Sylvain and I first made it to the Mayan Riviera in Mexico, we're finally going back, this time to explore the Yucatan area :o) We'll be staying in the colonial town of Mérida, and on top of exploring Mexico's "White City", we plan on going on a few day trips to discover some of the archeological wonders nearby (Chichen Itza being one of them) and perhaps some of the beaches on the Gulf of Mexico, all the while savouring the Mexican and Mayan cultures and flavours we enjoyed so much the first time around. What a great opportunity to get away from the cold Canadian winter and refresh my Spanish for our upcoming trip to Peru!

Rome, Italy (October 2014)

For our last official vacations of the year, Sylvain came up with the rather fabulous idea of going to Rome, la Città eterna! We spent a total of 10 amazing days walking all over the city, discovering the rich history and numerous charms of the capital of Italy, along with the mandatory sidetrip to Vatican City. I was also lucky to meet up with VTer "Sotschi" (Britta from Hamburg, Germany) when we found out through the magic of Facebook that we both happened to be in Rome at the same time, so Sylvain and I shared a wonderful dinner with Britta and her friends on Piazza de la Repubblica. I also want to thank "Goodfish" for the precious advice she gave me before the trip, it all came in incredibly handy. So many reasons to enjoy being part of the wonderful VT community!

Washington, D.C. (August 2014)

My niece and nephew being tied up with new jobs, we had to trade our traditional family camping trip for a grown-up, sisters-only trip. Out of all the places I suggested visiting, my sister Pascale picked Washington, D.C. As I was planning our trip, I had no idea what to expect other than the big classics (White House, Capitol, Arlington Cemetery, Smithsonian Museums....), but as it turns out, the capital of the U.S. is an incredibly beautiiful city with some very charming neighborhoods and very friendly people. I don't think my sister could have picked a better place for the first of what I hope becomes a yearly trip, and I can't wait to see where she decides to go next year!

Loire Valley, France (June 2014)

I'm back from my very first cycling trip with no major injuries to report! Seriously though, other than a few mishaps that had a lot to do with my ability to ride a real bicycle as opposed to a stationary one, the whole experience was pretty incredible! From Orléans to Saumur, we biked our way from one castle to the next, discovering several charming towns along the way. Without a doubt, riding a bike turned out to be the best way to discover what the majestic Loire Valley had to offer!

Stowe, VT (January 2014)

I had another MS relapse at the beginning of the year so we had no choice but to cancel the 2-week vacation to Florida we had originally planned and look for a more simple option. That's when the idea of going on a skiing trip in the northeastern US came up and, after doing some research online, we ended up spending a really nice long weekend in the winter wonderland that is the incredibly charming village of Stowe, Vermont. It was definitely colder that our previous trip option, but perhaps even cooler!

• Intro Updated Feb 21, 2015

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Jefie's Profile Photo

Jefie

“"Travel is fatal to narrow-mindedness"”

Real Name