"Chamorro Sunshine" Guam by mskwan
Guam Travel Guide: 639 reviews and 2,159 photos
Chamorro is the indigenous people who first inhabited Guam as early as 1500 BC. They might have come to the Mariana Islands from Indonesia. Compare to other tropical islands, such as Hawaii or Tahiti, Guam is not as glamorous but it has a very lay back, very local atmosphere. The locals are friendly, and they all speak English of course. All the modern comforts, and fancy shops are concentrated up north around Tumon. However, to experience the real Chamorro culture, you have to go down south.
Other than the creatures you find in the ocean, wildlife is everywhere on the island, like this toad on the garden hose.
Look carefully. There's a land crab crawling out of its hole in the lawn.
Located on the east coast, south of Talafofo but just north of the Bear Rock is the Salaglula (Inaranjan) Pool Park.... more travel advice
Basic Chinese food. At time of visit, they have a lunch special of $7.99 with one choice of main entree, all you can eat... more travel advice
mskwan's Related Pages
Guam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Travel2write's Guam"
- "$$$ SHOPPING AROUND GUAM IN 8 HOURS $$$"
- "The Tiny Island Of Guam"
- "Not a Whole Day, Just "Hafa Adai" in Guam"
- "Hafa Adai"
- "AyurinHiro's new Guam Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guam
- Hotels in Guam
- Transportation in Guam
- Nightlife in Guam
- Restaurants in Guam
- Shopping in Guam
- Warnings and Dangers in Guam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guam
- 14 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Guam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guam
Top 10 Pages
- Beijing Intro, 9 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pingyao Intro, 4 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guam Intro, 14 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tibet Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lhasa Intro, 2 reviews, 30 photos, 4 travelogues
- Yangshuo Intro, 3 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sanjiang Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leshan Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Daju Intro, 4 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- California Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
No friends yet.