"The Northern Territory" Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Territory by Zanzibargirl
Northern Territory Travel Guide: 2,343 reviews and 7,951 photos
How many Aussies can truely say they have seen their country if they have not spent a little bit of time here. They say you will never never know if you never never go. I had no idea that it was so beautiful. Its a remote hot place filled with dust and guts. It is rough and earthy and all things natural. It breed's a harsh bunch of Aussies who choose to live up here and has been home to Aboriginal tribes for thousands of years.
Australias Red Centre to Darwin has a gazillion things to see. From that big rock Uluru which pulses at its centre, to the tropical lushness of Darwin. Whether you are climbing the rock, beating a path around Kata Tjuta or Watarrka, watching sunset from Kakadu or Nightcliff, or swimming in a big tin pool at Juneau or the springs at Mattaranka the territory will leave footprints and imprints on your heart long after you have visited.
The Territory is timeless. Its beauty though a stark contrast to the lush coastal beaches that I grew up in, something incredible. It has a spirit that maybe something out of a dream or the dream time that makes you feel like as you travel through it it has a life of its own.
From Digeree Doos to Devils Marbles the Northern territory is everything that you should expect from the quintessential view of the state that most hold and more.
There is something different about the territory. Visiting as an Australian from the coast it is nothing like home to me, and yet it is such a big part of the continent in which I live. The harsh middle of nowhere and never never. Its like you are on Mars or another planet. And yet so close to home that I find it hard to believe.
As an Aussie I would say for foreigners it is a must see as you view our land, for Australians, I would say even more important. I dont think anyone could quite understand our land or what it means to be an aussie without visiting its core heartland.
- Pros:Australias heartland
- Cons:dry, dusty and middle of nowhere
- In a nutshell:Centre of australia, middle of nowhere, the never never
Kata Tjuta means many heads. This sacred place in Australia's red centre is made up of more than 30 large round rocks... more travel advice
The giant heart of Australia. Uluru is named by the local language of Pitjantjatjara, or also known as Ayers rock. The... more travel advice
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Northern Territory Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Northern Territory...Natures Playground!"
- "The Red Centre and north to Darwin"
- "Untouched Natural Beauty & Unique Mix of Cultures"
- "The Northern Territory"
- "NORTHERN TERRITORY - THE TOP END -"
- "Northern Territory"
- "The Outback: Unbelievable"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northern Territory
- Hotels in Northern Territory
- Transportation in Northern Territory
- Nightlife in Northern Territory
- Restaurants in Northern Territory
- Shopping in Northern Territory
- Warnings and Dangers in Northern Territory
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Northern Territory
- 64 Reviews
- 262 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Northern Territory?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northern Territory
- updated a Northern Territory Travel Page "The Northern Territory"
- Posted in Travel Kenya Forum "Re: Must see in Kenya in a week"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kata Tjuta - The Olgas"
- Wrote a Review Kata Tjuta - The Olgas in Northern Territory Things to Do
- Commented on one of K.Knight's Northern Territory travel pages
Photos in Northern TerritorySee All Photos (262)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues